N/S Panthers place CB Eli Apple on IR (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The Panthers re-signed defensive end Efe Obada on Monday and placed cornerback Eli Apple (ankle/foot) on injured reserve.

Apple, a five-year veteran who signed with the Panthers in May, has been dealing with nagging injuries to his foot/ankle and hamstring throughout training camp. The injuries have kept him out of several practices over the past couple weeks. Rookie cornerback Troy Pride Jr., who has filled in for Apple, will like start opposite Donte Jackson in Sunday’s season opener against the Raiders.

Carolina also has cornerbacks Douglas, Corn Elder and Stan Thomas-Oliver on the current active roster.

(Source)The Charlotte Observer

That's a tough deal for him. His play opposite Latt was fine until the foot injury happened (I think in the Bears game) last year. Injury affected his play noticeably the rest of the season.
He was just not the same after that tweak knee. He was playing lights out to start the season.

This is how bad I've been this season.. I didn't realize he wasn't still on the team...:(
Same. Did my FFL draft last night and had to google some of the players when I noticed they were on different teams.

What, you mean there have been other things happening in 2020 that might be capturing our attention more than offseason moves? :)

Joking aside, sad news for Eli. He wasn't a stud by any means, but he solidified our CB2 position in 2018 when Crawley had been an absolute disaster in the 1st few games.

This is how bad I've been this season.. I didn't realize he wasn't still on the team...:(

The Panthers are going to struggle on defense this year, starting 4 rookies and now losing Eli Apple for some time. I do hope, however, that Teddy B will have a solid year as he is one class guy who earned his chance to start in the NFL again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom