Panthers vs Cowboys on monday night (1 Viewer)

Neither of those two teams is going to do anything in the playoffs this year. Feel free to root for whoever you hate less.

I don't know why you all hate Dallas, I bet you all rooted for them back in the day with Emmitt, Aikman, Neon Deion, and Irvin. Dont Lie!

The Saints-Cowboys fued goes back as long as the Saints-Falcons.

It probably started in 1970, after Dempsey's 63 yard kick against the Lions, Tex Schramm, the president and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys, complained publicly and loudly that Tom Dempsey had cheated: his misshapen foot, in effect, offered him an unfair advantage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/s...ink&adxnnlx=1193998105-0EGvTPE4xb3GemUj6fSp7Q

Also, the Saints have a lifetime record against the Cowboys of 8-14...that's with us winning the last 5 meetings. In short, they kicked the mess out of us on a regular basis prior to 1998.

Add that to the "America's team" label that the put on themselves, the winning and luck they displayed as the Saints couldn't buy a break throughout the 70's and 80's and the pompous attitude and almost cartoon atmosphere that Jerry Jones has brought to the Cowboys and now the Death Star stadium, an absolute assault of greed and excess to honor, not the franchise, but Jerry himself.

Not a lot to like there, pal. I can promise you, there weren't many true Saints fans, rooting for the Cowboys at any time in the last 40 years.

We should be abstaining from rooting for either team. Maybe hope for them to pummel each other and then tie after overtime.

There is only one team everyone needs to care about.... the rest dont matter as long as our team keeps winning....

Can there be a massive power outage at the stadium and they can't play the game which results in a forfeit for both?:ezbill:

Add that to the "America's team" label that the put on themselves, the winning and luck they displayed as the Saints couldn't buy a break throughout the 70's and 80's and the pompous attitude and almost cartoon atmosphere that Jerry Jones has brought to the Cowboys and now the Death Star stadium, an absolute assault of greed and excess to honor, not the franchise, but Jerry himself.

While I hate the Cowboys as much as most Saints fans, to be fair, they didn't put that name on themselves though they did adopt it later.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/6329/the-great-debate-america-s-team

In putting together a highlights video for the 1978 Dallas Cowboys, NFL Films needed a catchy name. Then editor-in-chief Bob Ryan is credited with coining the phrase "America's Team."

I despise the Cowgirls "because" they were so talented "back in the day", and beat us like red Headed Step Children! I ALWAYS rooted against them, no matter if they play the hated Falcons or not! When they played the 49ers, I hope that they would kill each other!
Living here in Little Rock, "Cowboy Central East", it has been VERY PLEASANT as of late! :) That is ALL I hear about! Cowboys this, Cowboys that!...
So, any time the Cowboys lose, it's a GLORIOUS MONDAY AT WORK!!! Here's to the next 12-14 Mondays being Allsome!!!! BB&G

The Panthers beat us like a drum. If Dallas doesn't put a stake in their heart, they will be a factor down the stretch.

What's so much more special about Carolina than Tampa at this point?

Tampa has not swept the Saint's for two years running!!!!!! The Panthers have a good team and the Bucs are totally rebuilding this year.

However, I HATE the cowboys because they are national media darlings, have an IDIOT owner who fires a coach for winning two super bowls and not giving the owner the credit, and most of all, because Tony Romo is a media hyped average QB that has been media blown into a supposed great one.
I hate to go wrong in my division, but I'm pulling for the kittens. Forgive me if we end up fighting for a wild card spot with em.

Kris

I don't know why you all hate Dallas, I bet you all rooted for them back in the day with Emmitt, Aikman, Neon Deion, and Irvin. Dont Lie!

???!!!! Ahhhh, I believe NOLA had a team back then...And with the owner, team and their fans what's not to Hate!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom