Panthers waived CB Bene Benwikere [claimed by Miami] (1 Viewer)

Not new thread worthy but...

If their confidence is shaken starting this week with Newton being out they could Spiral. I'd say we are two teams going in different directions right now.

“When we took the lead, . . . I know those guys. I knew it was over,” Munnerlyn told Alex Marvez of the Sporting News. “I’ve been in that locker room before so I knew. Those guys really don’t play well when they are down.”

Former Panther Captain Munnerlyn: Panthers

Seems extreme to cut him for getting roasted by one of the best WRs in the league. He's been solid in Carolina (with a pass rush obviously). Wouldn't mind in the Saints signed him.

That would require the Saints to have Carolina's 2015 pass rush.

Not new thread worthy but...

If their confidence is shaken starting this week with Newton being out they could Spiral. I'd say we are two teams going in different directions right now.

Former Panther Captain Munnerlyn: Panthers

All because of their "leader" Camtrum is a front-runner. If everything is not going good he sulks throws tantrums but if all is going well he is dabbing and supermaning everywhere. So the team follows suit. I personally love it. The saints go up by 14 and the game might be over. :9:

He is admittedly not in good shape. He couldn't keep up with J. Jones as a result. Best not to bring him on unless he shows he is willing to put in the extra work. Pass...

He is admittedly not in good shape. He couldn't keep up with J. Jones as a result. Best not to bring him on unless he shows he is willing to put in the extra work. Pass...

Not in shape? Yet Riverboat Ron put him covering Jones?

I would think any coach would put his best guy on Jones.

Not in shape? Yet Riverboat Ron put him covering Jones?

I would think any coach would put his best guy on Jones.

CB's are generally your most athletic guys on the field and you expect those guys to be in the best shape on the team. That's a flag.

Yeah it would be nice to be able to bring him in for depth and work him into game shape. But who would we demote to PS or release to make room for him on the 53. We need everyone we have on the roster.

Yeah, no thanks other than if he's gonna be one of those one week pickups to get insight into their defense. Don't think we really need it though. Their secondary is worse than ours.
Certainly don't, we put points on them regardless of how good their D is/was last year.

Ok, just spent some time in a panthers forum investigating this. (I'm also currently in the shower scrubbing the scum off me I acquired while there.)

So, they are mostly freaking out, the consensus over there was that Bene was their best CB, and that it was crazy to cut him.

As far as the conditioning "red flag," he apparently broke his leg in December, and missed part of training camp. So he isn't where he should be in regards to conditioning. The panthers fans were saying the right move was to bench him till he gets back into shape for a week or two, but cutting him was ludicrous.

Also, what the Falcons were doing last week was having random receivers run deep go-routes to tire him out, then the next play, have Julio out there so he could take advantage of the gassed CB.

We would be crazy not to pick this guy up. Divisional rival cut him, so he has a chip on his shoulder vs them. He probably shouldn't be thrusted into a starting role, but is promising at the least.

Honestly, because of the waiver order, I doubt he makes it to us. My guess is the chargers get him.

Last edited:
He started all 4 games for Panties this year....seems more to the story than just getting burned by jj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, just spent some time in a panthers forum investigating this. (I'm also currently in the shower scrubbing the scum off me I acquired while there.)

So, they are mostly freaking out, the consensus over there was that Bene was their best CB, and that it was crazy to cut him.

As far as the conditioning "red flag," he apparently broke his leg in December, and missed part of training camp. So he isn't where he should be in regards to conditioning. The panthers fans were saying the right move was to bench him till he gets back into shape for a week or two, but cutting him was ludicrous.

Also, what the Falcons were doing last week was having random receivers run deep go-routes to tire him out, then the next play, have Julio out there so he could take advantage of the gassed CB.

We would be crazy not to pick this guy up. Divisional rival cut him, so he has a chip on his shoulder vs them. He probably shouldn't be thrusted into a starting role, but is promising at the least.

Honestly, because of the waiver order, I doubt he makes it to us. My guess is the chargers get him.

It might be a good pickup. Even if only for this week. He has the size 6'0 196 and the Panthers play a similar scheme as us on the back end. Now this is a guy I could see us sniffing but I still doubt it because it appears they are fine with Crawley's development.

He has to pass through waivers so we'll find out who put a claim in for him soon enough...if anybody.

At this point, why not? I wouldnt even play the waiver game and wait for him to clear. I'd pull the trigger and try to sign him to active roster. Hellye, he got straight murdered by Julio, but to axe a guy after that is still a tad odd. There's probably more to his release than what we see on the surface. Benwikere was a starter, not some dude who started the season at home, like the guys we have filling in at CB. I'd even go so far as to say he could start for us. Getting humbled, a change of scenery, a fresh new start, new motivation, and the chance to stick it to the team that gave up on you. It wouldnt hurt at all to bring him in.

Not too surprising. That performance by the Kitten secondary made Sterling Moore and Ken Crawley look like Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes from the early '80s Raider teams, by comparison!

Digging deep for an reference. I love it. Bring on the stickum!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom