Panthers waived CB Bene Benwikere [claimed by Miami] (1 Viewer)

NYSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This is the fallout from Benwikere being burnt to a crisp by Julio Jones last week. Jones hung a 12-300-1 line on the Panthers, and Pro Football Focus charged Benwikere with 8-228-1 of it. It's a surprising move, as it was just one bad game, but GM Dave Gettleman has moved on to wanting big, tall corners on the outside. Benwikere was solid Weeks 1-3 and had strong 2014 and 2015 seasons. More than one team will likely put in a waiver claim on Benwikere.

This is the fallout from Benwikere being burnt to a crisp by Julio Jones last week. Jones hung a 12-300-1 line on the Panthers, and Pro Football Focus charged Benwikere with 8-228-1 of it. It's a surprising move, as it was just one bad game, but GM Dave Gettleman has moved on to wanting big, tall corners on the outside. Benwikere was solid Weeks 1-3 and had strong 2014 and 2015 seasons. More than one team will likely put in a waiver claim on Benwikere.

Not too surprising. That performance by the Kitten secondary made Sterling Moore and Ken Crawley look like Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes from the early '80s Raider teams, by comparison!

He was really bad against Julio. I looked up his PFF grade from last year and his coverage grade is 52.7 which is pretty bad. Panthers thought they could just skate by with any corners because of their pass rush. Not so.

If I'm not mistaken he was just a place holder for 1 of the rookies. Good chance the one they kept takes over the starting spot, and Zach Sanchez (Think they waived and added him to the practice squad)might get called up.

Very young secondary

Seems extreme to cut him for getting roasted by one of the best WRs in the league. He's been solid in Carolina (with a pass rush obviously). Wouldn't mind in the Saints signed him.

Yeah, no thanks other than if he's gonna be one of those one week pickups to get insight into their defense. Don't think we really need it though. Their secondary is worse than ours.

Seems extreme to cut him for getting roasted by one of the best WRs in the league. He's been solid in Carolina (with a pass rush obviously). Wouldn't mind in the Saints signed him.

Exactly. I mean Josh Norman locked Julio down last year to the tune of 9 catches and 178 yards. :idunno:

I think the Saints would be silly not to put in a claim on him considering the current depth of CBs

There is much unraveling here. Just like an early Christmas!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom