paper cat talks to miles about bcs win (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rinnggg.....rinnggggg......rinnggggg

Miles: Hello.

paper cat: (singing) Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on, Sloopy lives in a very poor...

Miles: (interrupting) Paper cat? Is that you?

paper cat: Right on coach. How did you guess?

Miles: (sighing) Its a gift I have. That, and you seem to keep finding our phone number after we change it each week. How exactly is that, paper cat? Got a friend with the phone company?

paper cat: Cant reveal my sources coach, and I kind of like to be called "the" paper cat now. I think its so cool Ohio State calls themselves "the' Ohio State, so I kind of copied them. (singing again) Sloopy I dont care what your daddy do.....

Miles: (interrupting again) Please, no more sloopy. You're going to get it stuck in my head too and I just got rocky top out. Whats up with that sloopy anyway?

paper cat: Funny you should ask. I met a nice couple from Columbus, Frank and Jennie, at Pat O's before the game. Them Ohioans are nice people but they wear Mr Roger's vests and cant hold their hurricanes.

Miles: And this has what to do with sloopy?

paper cat: I was getting to that. According to Frank, Sloopy was a rock song about Dorothy Sloop, a singer from Steubenville, Ohio that was a big hit for the McCoys in 1965. The Ohio State band started playing it and in 1985 the Ohio legislature adopted it as the official rock song of the state. Ohio is the only state to have an official rock song, or at least according to Frank.

Miles: Whoa, arent you the fountain of information?

paper cat: (screams) WA-HOOO. National champs. Sorry, just had to do that.

Miles: Okay, I guess I deserved that.

paper cat: (now chanting) Les is cheese. Les is cheese. Les is cheese...

Miles: (interrupting again and looking perplexed) What are you talking about now, paper cat?

paper cat: Its "the" paper cat, and I am just chanting what the players were chanting after the game on tv. I have no do idea why they think you like cheese or why they were chanting.

Miles: SEC. (adding "you moron" under his breath)

paper cat: SEC what?

Miles: They were chanting S E C, not Les eats cheese.

paper cat: Ohh. Well, actually that does make more sense. The buttheads just couldnt match up with that SEC speed.

Miles: Thats "buckyeyes" and they matched up pretty well speed wise.

paper cat: Ohh. Well the SEC has faster women, I can promise you that.

Miles: No comment on that one.

paper cat: And the SEC women can hold their liquor better. Them pretty little buckeye women were stumbling all over the quarter trying to hold down their hurricanes. Lucky they were wearing red.

Miles: Indeed.

paper cat: Well if we are not faster then it must be our players are stronger than the Big Ben players.

Miles: Its Big "Ten", and no, they have strong kids as well.

paper cat: Well whats left if not speed and strength. We know Ohio State had the better coach, thats what all the national writers said going in.

Miles: Yes, certainly, Jim is a fine coach.

paper cat: Now that I think about it, it was the buckeyes who had all the dumb penalties and got thoroughly confused by our offensive sets. Maybe our coaches were better.

Miles: Couldnt have been that.

paper cat: Sure seems like you dont get much respect coach. You didnt even win SEC coach of the year.

Miles: Sylvester Croom is a fine coach and was very deserving.

paper cat: True dat, but you did beat him by more than 40 on his home field and win the SEC championship, not to mention getting to the title game. Seems like they might have at least made you SEC coach of the year

Miles: I guess its because I won with Saban players.

paper cat: (laughing) Good one, coach. Yes, thats it coach, it was with Saban players. That must have been it. Well you won the big one, maybe now you will get the respect you deserve.

Miles: I dont care about that, I just care about my player's respect.

paper cat: You know, coming from you that almost seems believable. You are da man. (singing again) Heeyyy baby, I wanna know will you be my girl....

Miles: Now that one I like better. Think we can get the legislature to adopt it as the offiical state rock song paper cat?

paper cat: Thats "the" paper cat, and yes, coach, I think you can get the legislature to do about anything you want. (singing again) When I saw you walking down the street
I said that's a kind of girl I'd like to meet
She's so pretty, Lord she's fine...

Miles: (Chiming in) I'm gonna make her mine all mine.

paper cat and Miles: Hey bbaabbbeeeyyyy, wont you be my girl.

You do realize that it's SR policy to only tease the article and post the link right? I don't know how this guy always gets away with this. He doesn't even get ridiculed over it.

I think he just makes this stuff up to fit in and be popular. Sad, I tell ya.

You do realize that it's SR policy to only tease the article and post the link right? I don't know how this guy always gets away with this. He doesn't even get ridiculed over it.

I think he just makes this stuff up to fit in and be popular. Sad, I tell ya.

Are you serious? Its not an article, its a post I wrote on an lsu site under my handle there. I have posted a number of the paper cat posts here over the last few months. SR is my home board by a longshot ,but I do post on an LSU board because it offers premium recruiting info you cant get here. I dont post under st dude because its an lsu site, not a saints site

Why would I tease a post I wrote? I have no need to "fit in" here, I have lots of great saintsreport friends I have made over the yrs. Sheesh.

Are you serious? Its not an article, its a post I wrote on an lsu site under my handle there. I have posted a number of the paper cat posts here over the last few months. SR is my home board by a longshot ,but I do post on an LSU board because it offers premium recruiting info you cant get here. I dont post under st dude because its an lsu site, not a saints site

Why would I tease a post I wrote? I have no need to "fit in" here, I have lots of great saintsreport friends I have made over the yrs. Sheesh.

You, of all people shoulda smelled the sarcasm in that one. Personally, I love your interviews. And, just to prove I know your famous interviews.....

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=856635&postcount=2

....and this one.....

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=847842&postcount=9

I may be from Mandeville, but I am NOT from the State Hospital as far as you know.:mwink:
:covri:

Last edited:
You, of all people shoulda smelled the sarcasm in that one. Personally, I love your interviews. I may be from Mandeville, but I am NOT from the State Hospital as far as you know.:mwink:
:covri:

Well duh me. :D

A little winky guy would have helped, though. :mwink: How a man po to know?:dunno:

djfinishhim1wi3.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom