Paper reporting Michael Strahan is questionable with a Lisfranc ankle sprain (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I read today in the morning paper that Michael Strahan is questionable with a Lisfranc ankle sprain. Who are these guys trying to kid? Does the media think Saints fans are morons? Our coaching staff will never fall for this.

Everyone knows, of course, that the Lisfranc ligament is named after Jacques Lisfranc, a surgeon in Napoleon's army, and the name was given after Lisfranc’s description of the injury suffered by a soldier who fell off his horse with his foot trapped in the stirrup, and that the ligament is in the midfoot, not the ankle.

Lisfranc injury is rare and is difficult to diagnose and is often misdiagnosed as an ankle sprain. While displaced fractures are relatively easy to detect, non-displaced ones are much more difficult. Lisfranc injury can lead to claw toes, midfoot instability, chronic pain, arthritis, and other foot problems. Early diagnosis is imperative, and treatment can be difficult because of the complexity of the structure of the Lisfranc joint.

First of all, I doubt Strahan got this injury playing football. He probably fell off a horse. And now they are telling us its an ankle injury when its a midfoot injury. I think they dont want Stinchcomb blocking his mid foot and think they can fool us into ankle blocks.

How dumb do these guys think Saints fans are? Its like they think we dont know who Lisfranc is. Heck, we live under the Napoleonic code and we eat muffelettas at the Napoleon House. We sure the hell know who is surgeon was. Duhh.

Last edited:
So...Good news is Strahan is questionable

Bad news is...I'm a moron.

I already new one of those.

According to this article, it hints at Strahans return to action against the Saints....

http://neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=3188

Well we all know the the soldier Lisfranc operated on had his foot amputated, so I guess medicine has come a long way.

When I hurt my Lisfranc ligament I was out for months, but they were able to save my foot.

Its funny how history can distort facts. While we know the injury is named for the guy falling out of his horse and getting his foot caught in stirrups, some still believe Lisfranc named the injury for the many foots he had to amputate due to frostbite soldiers got at the Russian front.

http://www.learningradiology.com/archives06/COW 217-Lisfranc fx/lisfranccorrect.htm

This is yet another reason not to sign up for the Russian front.

Last edited:
Prepare as if he is going to play.

And, if he doesn't, then assume that his backup is also a pro-bowler.

Every* player who has the talent to be one of the 53 men on an NFL roster is an amazing football player who should not be overlooked, lest he end up making you look foolish.

*Excepting, of course, the members of the 2006 Oakland Raiders.

Prepare as if he is going to play.

]

Oh he might play, but seriously, with a Lisfranc sprain how effective can he be? Its supposed to be cold as well in Giants stadium. If he gets frostbite on top of a Lisfranc sprain he is done forever.

I wouldnt risk it, but thats just me.

I'm thinking IF he starts, he won't play for long and will probably be ineffective. Dominate Strahan JS!

he used to always be on best damn. i enjoyed his spots. then he gloated and gloated and gloated obscenely every play at THAT game at "home" in giants stadium last year, like he took evil pleasure in knocking us down and out even more. i would do a T.O. spit glob, and not by accident, if i ever met the guy. he has no class.

Every week "strahan is returning".

Its all a bunch of new york media driven bs. I bet he doesn't even see the field.

Expect him to start and prepare that way. Then, if isn't able to play, you have an advantage.

I think the Giants should just rest all of their starters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom