Pappa's 7 round Saints mock with Trades (1 Viewer)

There's a reason this mock would never work and why all the talk of trading #10 to Dallas for both their firsts is ridiculous. It all boils down to - the number 1440. 1440 is the draft value of both the Cowboys #22 and #28 picks, the Saints #10 is valued at 1300. Leaving a deficit of 140 points so unless the Saints are willing to throw in a player or late round pick the Cowboys would never go for it. Read it here for yourself - Draft Value Chart

There's a reason this mock would never work and why all the talk of trading #10 to Dallas for both their firsts is ridiculous. It all boils down to - the number 1440. 1440 is the draft value of both the Cowboys #22 and #28 picks, the Saints #10 is valued at 1300. Leaving a deficit of 140 points so unless the Saints are willing to throw in a player or late round pick the Cowboys would never go for it. Read it here for yourself - Draft Value Chart

Do you really think they stick to that chart exactly? If McFadden were to drop to our spot, I would be disappointed if we didn't ask for more than their two 1st round picks.

It depends on who's there and how bad Dallas wants them.

I know all about that chart. Do you really think that Jerry Jones is going to care what that chart says if there is a player at 10 that he loves? I don't think he cares about that chart because he has got to fill up that $1Billion dollar stadium to get his money back. He will not care about the 140pts he losses in "draft value" if he can make millions with merchandising and ticket sales.

i think it's gonna be hard to trade back, unless a player is involved... pretend for a moment that the oakland CB is not tagged... what would we have to do to get him and would it be worth it? i think whatever we have to pay is money well spent

if we trade our 1st it's my opinion it should be for a player we need plus 2 draft choices (at least)... and i also think the trade partner should preferably be one of the teams drafting in positions 1-9, so the choices will be relatively early each round

aside from that, this mock is as good as most of them seem to be, meaning it's reasonable (ie possible)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom