Pappa's Saints Mock Draft 2.0 (1 Viewer)

He is elegible to be drafted. He is also ranked on the scout.com website. I know that he is a long shot but with the 7th rounder he would have tons of upside. All the Saints would need to do is contact him and see if he is interested in playing some ball. I find it hard to beleive that he would not sign a NFL contract.

This is the "ideal", realistic, draft that I would love to see. I know some of you are going to rip this thing apart but look at it and let me know what you like and dislike.

The highlighted part is your problem. Bonchie & cruize are spot on - while we may be in a position to make an offer for Corey Williams - your 'prediction' regarding the trade is so unrealistic it undermines the rest of your mock.

If you have another go at it (and I do think speculating on the NO-GB trade is an interesting idea) try to find a scenario which is win-win for both parties because unless it is, there's no way the deal will happen.

The highlighted part is your problem. Bonchie & cruize are spot on - while we may be in a position to make an offer for Corey Williams - your 'prediction' regarding the trade is so unrealistic it undermines the rest of your mock.

If you have another go at it (and I do think speculating on the NO-GB trade is an interesting idea) try to find a scenario which is win-win for both parties because unless it is, there's no way the deal will happen.

Moving up 20 spots in the draft and unloading your franchise tagged player is not a winning proposition for GB? They go from 30 to 10 with the possiblility of upgrading their safety position with Kenny Phillips. A tandem of Phillips and Bigby would be one of the best in the league.

I've been saying since all the Lofton hype got out he'd be a top 20 pick but nobody is listening to me
he IS NOT going to be there in the 2nd..he could even be a top 15 pick by draft day, and DRC will be gone way before 30

Phillips' draft stock is falling pretty fast right now. http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2008/02/22/the-2008-nfl-combine-so-far-and-giants-notes/ A lot of analysts don't have him going until late 1st or possibly early 2nd as of this week, so why would GB trade up (losing a player who is, on paper, worth two first round picks) for a player they may be able to pick up at #30 anyway.

If you can't see the bias in your mock, then asking what we all think is a waste of time.

I do not have a biased mock.

I am overly accepting of anyones comments, but shouldn't I have the same courtesy to debate it?

Lets see what Kenny Phillips runs. Remember he is 6'2" 215 or so and I think if he runs 4.45 or faster he will be a lock for a top 10 pick. Teams are going to reach for a S this year since it is a weak class. Qbs will go higher than expected also. Watch Flacco make it into the 1st and Brohm in the top part of the 2nd. This will happen for the same reason...lack of proven QB's.

Corey Williams was franchised. That means hes worth 2 first rounders. Yes GB can still negotiate, but simply switching first rounders and having them give us 3rd plus him? Never gonna happen.

Atlanta moved up 2!! spots in last years draft to get rid of Schaub. Why is this so unreasonable?? (Just to play devil's advocate)

Atlanta moved up 2!! spots in last years draft to get rid of Schaub. Why is this so unreasonable?? (Just to play devil's advocate)
It's not.

I don't think DRC or Lofton would be available at #30, nor do I think the Saints would take that big a risk in trading the 2nd 3rd rounder for Vilma (I think the OCD is going to scare some people away)..

You wouldn't move down 20 spots in the 1st to get C. Williams and J. Vilma?

We tagged Grant last year, not because he was worth 2 firsts, but to keep him off the FA market until a deal could be worked. It's likely that GB has just used the tool available to them to ensure they get something rather than nothing for Williams. They may be very open to a trade, and they're not dumb enough to believe they'll get two firsts for Williams.

As to why this is a good deal for GB? Corners are hard to find. I doubt DRC makes it to 30, but there will be a decent corner there for us. GB, on the other hand, have a different need at corner. As opposed to No corners like us, they have good, but old corners. the best or second best corner in the draft is likely to still be available at 10 (Jenkins, McKenzie, Talib, DRC...2-3 of them will still be there and GB can have their pick). Would they think that swapping one of their 3 starting calibre DT's + a 3rd (I'm not counting the first, cos that's just the swap) is worth taking a corner who will help make another area of their d "young and emerging" as someone previously said?

Thats open to debate...debate away.

Of course, they could go another way and take one of the elite tackle prospects, where they also have a need. Clady is very possibly still on the board at 10...improves their o-line alot as their tackles are getting old and looked exposed against the gints...though everyone's tackles looked exposed against the gints to be fair.

Moving up 20 spots in the draft and unloading your franchise tagged player is not a winning proposition for GB? They go from 30 to 10 with the possiblility of upgrading their safety position with Kenny Phillips. A tandem of Phillips and Bigby would be one of the best in the league.

Bigby and phillips? one of the best? ur an idiot

That's an interesting perspective on it. I'm not so sure GB have given up on the idea of keeping Williams, but to my mind the major fly in the ointment of that trade is the fact that the CB class is so deep. I find it hard to believe that by the time GB's scheduled 1st round pick at #30 rolls round Jenkins, McKelvin, Talib, Flowers, Rodgers-Cromartie AND Cason have all gone.

If their area of need was elsewhere (OT for instance) I might feel the same way, but I just don't seem them trading up for a Corner. To be honest, I think they'd do worse than looking at Flowers, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's an interesting discussion, nonetheless.

PS. By McKenzie I'm assuming you meant McKelvin. If I'm wrong and I've overlooked a corner (highly possible), I'd be interested to have some more info on him.

Believe me, if we could get Williams in that way I'd be all over it. I wanted him bad before he was tagged.

I like the mock but I don't see us taking 2 Wr's in this draft. I think one of those picks you had for WR maybe a RB.

IF Dorsey and Ellis are both gone before 10, I like the idea of trading back and grabbing more picks. We need MLB, DT and CB. (well and another OLB to bookend Fujita, well and a FS, and... nevermind) :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom