Parade Help for this weekend 2/23, 2/24, 2/25 (1 Viewer)

Doug5984

All-Pro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a few random questions about attending the parades this weekend. I haven't been to a parade in New Orleans in 3 years, and have never been to one in the CBD. I will also have my daughter (5) with us, so that's leading me to ask some questions and be prepared before going.

Are there barricades on this part of the route? We'll most likely be between Julia / Lafayette Sq area.

What can I expect in this area in regards to crowds? I don't care to catch anything but just want to make sure we can all see the floats/bands and all that good stuff.

I know it's New Orleans... but is there any close to a wild guess on what time the parades will make it to this part, is it an hour later, 2 hours?

Lastly, I know there are grandstands right in this area, and they aren't really expensive... would this be something worth doing with a child to make sure we have a little room, and a higher spot to get a good view.

The Lafayette Square area is definitely all barricades, as is most if not all of St. Charles in the CDB.

Overall the crowds in that area are pretty good, but there are a lot of reviewing stands, so if you don't have a ticket, you have to find a spot sort of early. Most people pop up chairs in the intersections leading off of St Charles as there obviously are not stands in intersections. I like Lafayette Square because there are PLENTY of potties and they seem to be very clean for the most part. I do not know how much a grandstand ticket is, but if it's a special treat for a child, I'd look into it.

I want to say the parade can be expected there around 2 hours after starting. Sometimes they actually move fast and could be there before that, but they are often slower, too.

I'll be riding on Sunday in King Arthur. 32A Top Drivers side last man. Show an SR.com sign, and I'll throw yall something special!

boutros gave good info
get the wwl parade tracker app
i assume you're in a hotel or something so you'll be walking to it since you didn't ask any parking questions
1st weekend is not heavyheavy crowds

boutros gave good info
get the wwl parade tracker app
i assume you're in a hotel or something so you'll be walking to it since you didn't ask any parking questions
1st weekend is not heavyheavy crowds

Yeah, staying with some family in the area so parking is taken care of.

I'll be riding on Sunday in King Arthur. 32A Top Drivers side last man. Show an SR.com sign, and I'll throw yall something special!

Will try to look for you, we may be skipping King Arthur to make it to Barkus, not sure yet on what we'll be up to Sunday.

Thank you all for the info

Hey guys, so I have a few random questions about attending the parades this weekend. I haven't been to a parade in New Orleans in 3 years, and have never been to one in the CBD. I will also have my daughter (5) with us, so that's leading me to ask some questions and be prepared before going.

Are there barricades on this part of the route? We'll most likely be between Julia / Lafayette Sq area.

What can I expect in this area in regards to crowds? I don't care to catch anything but just want to make sure we can all see the floats/bands and all that good stuff.

I know it's New Orleans... but is there any close to a wild guess on what time the parades will make it to this part, is it an hour later, 2 hours?

Lastly, I know there are grandstands right in this area, and they aren't really expensive... would this be something worth doing with a child to make sure we have a little room, and a higher spot to get a good view.
FYI I saw today that they’re moving all the parades up an hour in anticipation of later rains

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom