Paradox (1 Viewer)

Vermont Saint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The Saints offense outscored the Giants offense. The Saints defense allowed less points than the Giants defense. But we still suck, according to many here, and are moving in the wrong direction. (I am aware that we are 0-2, but remind me again if that stimulates you intellectually). So my question, in earnest, is this: Are we playing competitive football, or have we just been lucky to be close in these games to far superior teams? Or something else?

Every game this season will be an uphill battle due to the last 4 years. Don't think we could have used a Junior Galette, a Keenan Lewis, a Jimmy Graham, a CJ Spiller, or Darren Sproles?

We'll be killing ourselves every week trying to figure out the specifics of every loss as it pertains to an individual game and the truth is were at a 30mil 8 players missing that we are still playing disadvantage for 16 weeks.

Uphill battle..gotta roll with it and enjoy the wins when they do come and try to understand the losses are as much about a plethora of bad moves in previous years as they are about injuries,bogus flags, uncalled penalties, timeout mismanagement, and a stagnant offense or wishy washy defense in individual games.

Don't be discouraged..well nab a few W's just going to be harder than it should be. Giants spent 30mil to help their D...irony

With a healthy Delvin Breaux, we're 2-0. Without two awful pass interference calls, we're 2-0. That's how close it is right now, the difference between 2-0 and 0-2. These are things you can't control. Record is almost arbitrary at this point of the season, I'd rather focus on how the team is playing overall, which is decent, not great, but certainly nothing to get upset about or be ashamed of.

Chuckles...unpopular opinion. You guys wanna whine about the smaller details go right ahead.

Season is going to be filled with these threads if we don't get a W soon.

Please Heyzeus

Defense has looked solid in 7 of 8 quarters. Still a small sample size, but encouraging as far as silver linings.

0-2 is disappointing and we all understand the implications of a slow start, but there seems to be a foundation to this team they can build on.

Today's most felt like the lost to the 49ers in 2011. Although it's not the same implications, but those close ones sting.

I like how the team has played, but I am not counting on us to do better than 8-8. That doesn't mean we will stink, it just means that we are growing and rebuilding. Maybe we go on a hot streak and win a string of games to give us hope, but lady luck is not blowing on our dice, and this season will just get chalked up as a "learning year".

We are a bad team. Bad teams find ways to lose close games, find ways to lose games they should win. Just like the last three years.

I don't think we are a bad team. We are injured, incomplete. There's a lot to like about this team and I'm certain the Saints we see at the end of the year will be much better than the team we see right now. Too bad we couldn't have them all year.

Every game this season will be an uphill battle due to the last 4 years. Don't think we could have used a Junior Galette, a Keenan Lewis, a Jimmy Graham, a CJ Spiller, or Darren Sproles?

We'll be killing ourselves every week trying to figure out the specifics of every loss as it pertains to an individual game and the truth is were at a 30mil 8 players missing that we are still playing disadvantage for 16 weeks.

Uphill battle..gotta roll with it and enjoy the wins when they do come and try to understand the losses are as much about a plethora of bad moves in previous years as they are about injuries,bogus flags, uncalled penalties, timeout mismanagement, and a stagnant offense or wishy washy defense in individual games.

Don't be discouraged..well nab a few W's just going to be harder than it should be. Giants spent 30mil to help their D...irony

I appreciate your perspective. It seems to me that people are too focused on our 0-2 record, and not on how the team has actually played. I can't argue that the team suffers from a number of personnel issues, both organic and man made. I do think that the Saints have endured an outlying number of serious injuries to their projected defensive starters. But given what you've seen so far, are we competitive, have we played well enough to win these games? For me, I think so, but that's just my opinion, and it may or may not be something to be proud of, given our opponents so far.

The Saints offense outscored the Giants offense. The Saints defense allowed less points than the Giants defense. But we still suck, according to many here, and are moving in the wrong direction. (I am aware that we are 0-2, but remind me again if that stimulates you intellectually). So my question, in earnest, is this: Are we playing competitive football, or have we just been lucky to be close in these games to far superior teams? Or something else?

The Saints offense scored 13 points.
When the chips were down, whoever was calling plays decided to go with Cadet, Fleener, and Coleman instead of Cooks, Snead, Thomas.
Still scratching my head as to why CJ Spiller was let go in favor of Cadet.
I don't care what PFF says, the o-line looks shaky.
In ST, no semblance of a return game (either kickoff or punt), only the punter makes plays, and have an unproven (to put it mildly) FG kicker who makes me wish for Garret Hartley.

About the only thing that seems to be moving in the right direction is the defense, who after laying an egg in the 4th quarter against the Raiders came out and balled like it was 1991.

Playing competitive is one thing, winning the competition is another.

I don't think we are a bad team. We are injured, incomplete. There's a lot to like about this team and I'm certain the Saints we see at the end of the year will be much better than the team we see right now. Too bad we couldn't have them all year.

And that's our problem every year now. Our guys start the season in November.

I thought a pair-a-docs was 2 medical dudes.

This is a competitive team people are upset about the loses and we are used to 45-17 scores as an indicator of a good game for this Saints team so 2-4pt loses feel like 17-45 loses because it minus well of been because a loss is a loss and that's the only perspective some people on here argue with but I see a competitive team I see a defense that is well coached in its scheme and game planning despite a few exploited plays vs the raiders this team has kept opposing offenses in check.

Today's most felt like the lost to the 49ers in 2011. Although it's not the same implications, but those close ones sting.

If that is your pick for a game that made you feel like you want to throw up,light yourself on fire and jump out of a 50 story building onto a bed of 2 ft long spikes then you picked the wrong game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom