Parcells press conference (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not much was said in todays press conference about this weeks game but starting tomorrow the media up here will start asking him more questions.

Here is a synopsis of what he said today.

Payton is doing a great job down there. He and Payton had conversations just after Payton got the job but said he does not know if anything he told him helped him more than his experience working as an assistant.

Mentioned Bush as the leading receiver and said they would have to figure out what to do about that guy. Said this week and next(Atl game) the cowboys are facing two teams that run an offense style they have not seen this year and could give them problems. Said the saints have receivers that can spread the field and a QB who is playing very well.

He is not pleased with the DE play and they need to get more pressure on the QB and that would be a focus in their practice this week.

Sounds like Parcells is under the impression the saints are an all pass team. We'll have to see if he changes his opinion after watching film and sees the running game has been picking up as well. I expect the Cowboys defensive gameplan will be to put alot of pressure on Brees and not give hime time to set up and throw. If the saints beat them they want it to be done on the ground not the air.

Sounds like Parcells is under the impression the saints are an all pass team. We'll have to see if he changes his opinion after watching film and sees the running game has been picking up as well. I expect the Cowboys defensive gameplan will be to put alot of pressure on Brees and not give hime time to set up and throw. If the saints beat them they want it to be done on the ground not the air.

Parcells knows Payton's tendencies as well as Payton knows Parcells'. Payton is clearly more comfortable in the context of a pass-offense. I think Parcells realizes Payton will pass if he is allowed to pass.

I don't think you can have much success running the ball against Dallas. From the games I've watched this season they've defended the run very well (4th best in the NFL).

You have to run obviously to keep them honest but attacking their safeties is the way to go. As how we are going to be able to match up against Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn and Jason Witten ... I have no clue. I don't see the talent in our secondary to do that. This will be one of the toughest games of the season.

i saw some of that PC, about the DE's he was saying he was wanting more out of spears, and that the DE's need to work on converting pass rush on first down I i think thats what he said) it sounded like he was saying the DE play the run first on 1st downs and are slow on their pass rush.

said Payton had a good QB and thats the key, to have a good QB in the mix - i guess vs taking over a team and looking for a qb.

he said the saints were throwing it everywhere lately

You have to run obviously to keep them honest but attacking their safeties is the way to go. As how we are going to be able to match up against Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn and Jason Witten ... I have no clue.
Me neither. The only thing I can think of is don't attack them. Instead attack Romo. We need to rattle his cage a little and try to force some bad decisions. He hasn't show any tendency to do so but if you let him sit back in the pocket, one of the three guys you mentioned will get open. We may get burned on the blitz but we're going to get burned without it for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom