Parents fight at Little League Baseball game (1 Viewer)

XLR8

Very Banned
Reaction score
What is wrong with these people? I thought little league baseball or 7 year old baseball whatever this is was supposed to be fun? Seems like parents take it way to personal.

Note: Video does have foul language

Parents are out of hand. They live their unfulfilling lives through their kids. I see it all the time. I coached my son's little league team 7-8 years ago. Everyone thinks their kid is the next Hank Aaron. There was a game where the parents were screaming back and forth at one another over a home run. One side was taunting the other and the other was yelling obscenities back. After I walked into the field and told them to knock it off that they were looking ridiculous in front of their children I took my son off the field and left to never return.
My youngest son is 6 and is now at the age to play ball but I don't have it in me to deal with parents that want to win every game at all costs. That's not why me and my children are there. It's a game and it's supposed to be fun. That's all.

My local radio station sports guy just said that the cops are still searching for one of the guys fighting, hoping to charge him with assault and a couple of other less egregious crimes.

Little league games should have signs posted that read “Any spectator involved in an altercation will be arrested and banned from the ballpark. No exceptions.”

Turned 20 or so kids off the game of baseball forever.

"Father in the name of Jesus, right now!".... I love magic, but I don't think you're supposed to order the gods around.

I thought there was going to be a brawl at my 9 year old daughters softball game last week. The opposing crowd didn't like some of the calls and they started getting into it with the umpire after the game yelling some nasty stuff at him. Thankfully it didn't come to it, but the absolutely bewildered looks on the girls watching their parents and grandparents yelling at an umpire was sad.

People easily forget it's a game. At this age the kids should be learning the fundamentals of the game and having fun. They shouldn't have to deal with this garbage.

As a group, we've never had civility. All I can do is strive to have it individually. Then people think you lack passion and activism. This is disgusting and the children suffer for it all. I want to be a better person than that.

Last edited:
Yes, similar stuff was happening 20-25 years ago when my kids played ball. One grandpa got kicked out for yelling at the the umpire (we always had adult umpires) and proceeded to throw his soft drink out on the field. He was then contacted by league officials and told not to come back to any of the games the rest of the year.

One other year we had two women get into a fight on the sidelines, but that was over an affair one was having with the husband of the other, so maybe that one doesn’t count. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom