Parents force Teen to hold up sign as punishment. (merged) (1 Viewer)

Did the studies also provide statistics on family make up (Mom/ Dad / Married / Single)
Demographics, economics, offenses and all the other variables

There have been a lot of studies on the demographics of prison populations. I could post 1,000 links and barely scratch the surface of the research done on the subject.

GhostFace said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by chad141fa

Did the studies also provide statistics on family make up (Mom/ Dad / Married / Single)
Demographics, economics, offenses and all the other variables

There is no way they thought of that. I think the first rule of the scientific method is Ignore Variables.

I think those would show a bettet indication than if a child was spanked or not

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

I think those would show a bettet indication than if a child was spanked or not

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

They are. Which actually tells us the real story.

Spanking or not spanking, its pretty insignificant.

Makes me wonder if she got the "Daddies little girl or look at Daddies little princess" treatment when she was 6-10 years old. That is what people get when they do that to girls this day in age. You see reality t.v showing these young girls that have no respect, use uneducated men to get what they want.

Nothing good comes from that, I saw it with my friends daughter and she's absolutely terrible, dresses like a slut, can't admit wrong, feels entitled to everything, she just turned 16. You say hi to her and she'll roll her eyes at you, she doesn't know what yes sir, no ma'am is.

I tell him they both failed in raising their daughter and I do it unapologetically. It just baffles my mind.

Do you have a little girl? :scratch:

. You say hi to her and she'll roll her eyes at you, she doesn't know what yes sir, no ma'am is.

You just described every 16-year old girl in America, including my sister.

She's now a rocket scientist.

I bet he has no children, not saying that everything he said is off base, but you can kinda tell

I won't say it is all off base, because I agree you cannot spoil a little girl with absolutely no discipline. But you get the general idea from his post that he has no experience raising a girl. Sure, you can give a girl everything and no discipline and she may turn out like that. But if you go the opposite and starve her for attention...then what happens when she grows up? How would she go about getting the attention and affection her dad starved her of her whole life?

My little girl is 4 and every bit of a princess, but she keeps herself inline or she gets disciplined. She has boundaries, which include being respectful, talking back, being a brat, etc, etc.

As spanking goes, to each his own. But in my house spankings are handed out when needed. However, it's rare that it has to be done. Just the threat of knowing they can be spanked keeps them in line. I was spanked almost daily when I was a kid and I disagree with that level of punishment. If you spank for EVERYTHING, then spanking means nothing. It's just par for the course.

As with most everything in life, the answer is not at either extreme but somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

I won't say it is all off base, because I agree you cannot spoil a little girl with absolutely no discipline. But you get the general idea from his post that he has no experience raising a girl. Sure, you can give a girl everything and no discipline and she may turn out like that. But if you go the opposite and starve her for attention...then what happens when she grows up? How would she go about getting the attention and affection her dad starved her of her whole life?

My little girl is 4 and every bit of a princess, but she keeps herself inline or she gets disciplined. She has boundaries, which include being respectful, talking back, being a brat, etc, etc.

As spanking goes, to each his own. But in my house spankings are handed out when needed. However, it's rare that it has to be done. Just the threat of knowing they can be spanked keeps them in line. I was spanked almost daily when I was a kid and I disagree with that level of punishment. If you spank for EVERYTHING, then spanking means nothing. It's just par for the course.

As with most everything in life, the answer is not at either extreme but somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.
That is how I am as well. My little girl is 9 and son 5, but are complete opposites. My little girl is so sensitive and never wants to feel like she disappoints. She is has a sweet disposition and wonderful sense of humor, but can be a sassy little thing at times which can be fixed by me raising my eyes and staring. Now my son on the other hand I have absolutely no idea where he came from. That child has a brick head yet he is so witty with come backs it makes me laugh sometimes. Sometimes nothing works and he doesn’t care if I spank him at all, no effect what so ever. I will spank him, but I have found with him I need to take him out the situation away from the audience and get eye to eye level. I have to calm him prior to even addressing the issue. You have probably seen him throwing himself on the ground at lake side and my wife yelling at me “ are you going to do something” and me saying just keep walking he will get up, don’t in courage him. Then sure enough, no attention, he shuts up and comes on until the next “No” when he wants something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom