parents of adult kids... (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
...or maybe even older teenagers...
'when' is your memory of you kid(s)
like when you think about them, do you picture them at their current age or do you 'see' them at a different age? like 8 and very sweet or 14 and very cranky?

All ages are registered in the memory banks...and of course, certain scenarios or discussions will trigger corresponding specific memories... Walking into the Thibodaux Academy last weekend and seeing a young mom with a kid on each hip reminded me of my wife and what we went through with our three young'uns.

Take my profile pic... I remember that day like it was this afternoon... But those guys are now over 6'2" and the baby (on left) is 240lb... Some memories I would dearly love to repeat, others I can skip without hesitation...

The good news is that you're still in the "free to invest heavily" phase, everyday is a new opportunity for new deposits into the memory bank.

For me a lot of memories or flashbacks typically are captured photos. I can see them in my head.

For me a lot of memories or flashbacks typically are captured photos. I can see them in my head.
that's kinda what prompted the question - i seem to 'remember' my kids (5 &11) in their current form - and i look back at pictures and think 'oh yeah'
my wife seems to have a rolodex of all memories simultaneously

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom