Parents of robbery suspect question why employee fatally shot their son. (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok.. Here's one for ya... and just i case you miss it... Cause most stories on this are not really making it plain. This was an Armed robbery and the person killed drew a gun on the other employess... This news media outlet is clearly not stating that little bit of important information.

Parents of Pizza Hut robbery suspect question why employee fatally shot their son in the head | WNCN

The parents are angry that their son was shot and killed by an employee. “Why in the hell did this guy have a gun?”

Even though their son was in the process of committing a crime, the family thinks his death was undeserved and unjustified.

and here

The dead man was identified as Michael Renard Grace, 27. Police said they found a handgun on the scene that Grace was carrying.

Read more here: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police investigating fatal shooting at Freedom Drive Pizza Hutt | The Charlotte Observer

Their child was just killed. People don't always look at things rationally during times of loss.

Triggers and feelings all over the place tread carefully

Logic and sense are overrated

Grieving parents aren't likely to think their child deserved to be killed.

I'm sure most here, if their young son or daughter was killed even while doing something illegal, wouldn't really have a proper frame of mind regardless of the circumstances.

I probably wouldn't be in the right frame of mind, but I wouldnt think my child was the victim.

Parents will always justify bad behavior to a point.

The part that's weird though is that he was shot in the head from behind the ear.. so kind of from behind.

It all depends what was going on, so it may or may not have been a justified shooting. If the robber was threatening people with a weapon, and this employee got lucky and got behind him, then it's more likely ok.

There should be cameras though, right?

Parents will always justify bad behavior to a point.

The part that's weird though is that he was shot in the head from behind the ear.. so kind of from behind.

It all depends what was going on, so it may or may not have been a justified shooting. If the robber was threatening people with a weapon, and this employee got lucky and got behind him, then it's more likely ok.

There should be cameras though, right?

Why would the direction he was shot from matter?

If he was actively engaged in armed robbery he is an immediate threat.

"If" and "actively " would be the reasons why ward would want to know more and why context would be important

No one seems to dispute he was actively engaged in armed robbery.

The parents also seem to think it should have been the police who killed their son instead of an employee.

This thread says more about the OP than anything else. I see that there's still confusion on what draws outrage from the blacks. LEOs shooting to kill unarmed black men....outrage. Armed black man committing robbery? Not the same. You see, just being black doesn't make you lethal. I know...extremely foreign concept for some. People that think Black men pose a life endangering threat even when they are unarmed won't see the difference.

This thread says more about the OP than anything else. I see that there's still confusion on what draws outrage from the blacks. LEOs shooting to kill unarmed black men....outrage. Armed black man committing robbery? Not the same. You see, just being black doesn't make you lethal. I know...extremely foreign concept for some. People that think Black men pose a life endangering threat even when they are unarmed won't see the difference.

He didn't say anything about race. You did. This thread shows more about you than anything else.

Sorry for their loss, and I'm not caring of the races of any of them. However, when you are committing and armed robbery there is a direct substantial threat to your wellbeing. Even in California with the worst gun rights for self defense in the nation in this situation the employees were completely within their rights. These three were armed, and broke in through what I am assuming was a locked door since it was after closing. Actually in my mind the person defending himself against 3 armed robbers has a complete right to shoot to defend, and there are many closers in stores that are armed for this exact reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom