parents that give their kids stupid names. (1 Viewer)

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
The other night i was working off duty at applebees. I arrested a young woman for cocaine and crystsl meth. During the course of completting the paperwork i realized she had a crazy name. Its spelled one way but she pronounces it differently. When i went to have her car towed i then saw that she had a name plate on her car with her name on it.

What kind of jacked up parent names their child this but tells them its pronounced differently.....

Attachments

Sun Wukong

Worlds Deadliest Fighting Arts Champion and Master
Reaction score
For the love of God please tell me you photoshopped this pic....
I went to school with a girl named Vagina (they pronounced it "Vuh-jeena").

I have a cousin that used to work as a maternity nurse and she said it wasn't uncommon for low-income, uneducated parents to say something along the lines of "I like the way this word sounds" when naming a kid. She said that they would often have to explain what some of the more ridiculous words meant in the hopes of getting them to change their minds.

OP
Det. Brees

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
I wish it was photo shopped. She pronounced it like this.

De are e ah

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
Dude, she's a stripper at the famous Blue Commode Club on Duce Street. :shrug:

:hihi:

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As a college teacher, I see this all the time. Unvariably, I will call roll on the first day of class. Every so often, I will call a student's name based off of whats written on my roll and a student will say "it's pronounced.... ". My answer is always the same, "that's not how its pronounced, but I will call you whatever you like."

Reaction score
My sister used to have a girl that worked for her who's name was pronounced Sha-tahs. I can't post how it was spelled without incurring an infraction.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You see, the 'D' is underlined, therefore it makes a long D sound. Long consonant sounds. You guys don't remember that from second grade?

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
I sub teach, and some of these names are SO freaking rediculous you just wanna hand the kids and EBT card now and get it over with. Then the kids get attitudes when you pronounce the name like it's spelled.

So, the "q" is silent, the "t" is pronounced "ph" the "a" is pronounced "ou", WTH?!?!?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom