parents that give their kids stupid names. (1 Viewer)

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
The other night i was working off duty at applebees. I arrested a young woman for cocaine and crystsl meth. During the course of completting the paperwork i realized she had a crazy name. Its spelled one way but she pronounces it differently. When i went to have her car towed i then saw that she had a name plate on her car with her name on it.

What kind of jacked up parent names their child this but tells them its pronounced differently.....

Attachments

• 20130323_023825.jpg
    20130323_023825.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 86
For the love of God please tell me you photoshopped this pic....

I went to school with a girl named Vagina (they pronounced it "Vuh-jeena").

I have a cousin that used to work as a maternity nurse and she said it wasn't uncommon for low-income, uneducated parents to say something along the lines of "I like the way this word sounds" when naming a kid. She said that they would often have to explain what some of the more ridiculous words meant in the hopes of getting them to change their minds.

I wish it was photo shopped. She pronounced it like this.

De are e ah

th

Dude, she's a stripper at the famous Blue Commode Club on Duce Street. :shrug:

:hihi:

As a college teacher, I see this all the time. Unvariably, I will call roll on the first day of class. Every so often, I will call a student's name based off of whats written on my roll and a student will say "it's pronounced.... ". My answer is always the same, "that's not how its pronounced, but I will call you whatever you like."

My sister used to have a girl that worked for her who's name was pronounced Sha-tahs. I can't post how it was spelled without incurring an infraction.

You see, the 'D' is underlined, therefore it makes a long D sound. Long consonant sounds. You guys don't remember that from second grade?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom