Parity In The NFL (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying I'm old...

But, I remember watching all of those SB's!

For some reason, the 30 Year group jumps out: Dallas, SF, and Wash

To think of their heydays and then them not being able to climb the mountain again in a 30 year period since.
That’s about when the salary cap started and evened everything.

I'm not saying I'm old...

But, I remember watching all of those SB's!

For some reason, the 30 Year group jumps out: Dallas, SF, and Wash

To think of their heydays and then them not being able to climb the mountain again in a 30 year period since.
The Raiders/Redskins SB in 1984 was the first one I remember watching.

Other than the obvious Texans and Jags, the only two teams never to contest a Super Bowl are Cleveland and Detroit.

That list was quite a bit longer when I first started watching, at the end of the eighties. So in that respect at least, free agency and parity has had some effect.

Keep an eye on the "never" list and follow the money. Which is the biggest market? Houston? Look for them to get a lot of breaks as soon as they get decent management.

The Raiders/Redskins SB in 1984 was the first one I remember watching.
I was 13 the year of the 1st Super Bowl.

Oh wait... they didn't call the 1st two games as "Super Bowls" as they were officially the NFL-AFL Championship Games:

"The Packers won the first two AFL–NFL World Championship Games, later renamed Super Bowls, defeating the Chiefs and Oakland Raiders following the 1966 and 1967 seasons, respectively."

Listen here (to the beginning and also at the 3:00 mark, and also notice the Game Program at the 00:31 mark):

(Did I mention that I was old...)

Last edited:
Nobody cares about the Texans. Im annoyed by the fact that every Sunday thier games come on TV even though i dont live in Houston area. Sure Houston is a large TV market but that doesnt make the Texans a large market team or draw.

Nobody cares about the Texans. Im annoyed by the fact that every Sunday thier games come on TV even though i dont live in Houston area. Sure Houston is a large TV market but that doesnt make the Texans a large market team or draw.
The Texans main problem is the Cowboys. Texas has spent six decades as a Cowboy state.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom