Parkway tavern and Tracey's on Food network... (2 Viewers)

Domilise's and Liuzza's shrimp poboys....

Okay, I'll say it. I don't like Parkway. Everyone says their great, but I've just had plain terrible overstuffed po-boys there. I only get catfish po-boys. Is that it? Are the shrimp, oyster, roast beef, etc. better than their catfish? I'm allergic to shellfish so I stay away from those. I love a good catfish po-boy though. There's are definitely stuffed with tons of fish but they lack flavor and the fish are somewhat soggy. Am I going at the wrong time. I'm just not impressed yet they keep winning rave reviews on TV shows, in the Gambit, and by food critics.

For what's it worth, I think Charlie's has a good catfish po-boy. Domilise's is also better too...hold the ketchup. I'd even rate the Danny and Clyde's in Thibodaux better than Parkway's catfish po-boy. Am I alone on this?

You're not alone. Although I enjoy their food, my wife was unimpressed when I took her there.

I like Parkway's roast beef.
Liuzza's by the track's bbq shrimp po-boy is crazy-good.

On that subject, does poeple calling it a poor-boy bother others also? I freakin hate when Fitzmoris calls it a poor-boy. I often want to kick fitzmoris in the jaw, though.

On that subject, does poeple calling it a poor-boy bother others also? I freakin hate when Fitzmoris calls it a poor-boy. I often want to kick fitzmoris in the jaw, though.

I like Fitzmoris, but to me, if the sign outside says "Po-Boy" I'm gonna call it a "Po-Boy".

I'd even rate the Danny and Clyde's in Thibodaux better than Parkway's catfish po-boy. Am I alone on this?

This!

As someone who spent the better part of the decade at Nicholls, I would say that my tummy will always be thankful to them for just being there.

I'm with you.

I know...it is weird. I find myself listening to his show sometimes, but I often get annoyed.
It goes back to right after the storm when he was talking about the Rocky and Carlos is Slidell and said, " the best part about it is that you do not have to deal with the Chalmations there." Being originally from The Paris, I wanted to freak out on his smug, self-important ***.

I know...it is weird. I find myself listening to his show sometimes, but I often get annoyed.
It goes back to right after the storm when he was talking about the Rocky and Carlos is Slidell and said, " the best part about it is that you do not have to deal with the Chalmations there." Being originally from The Paris, I wanted to freak out on his smug, self-important ***.

I listen to him a lot driving home from work. I don't agree with a lot of his opinions, but you've got to admit, he is a wealth of good information, both about restaurants and cooking.

You're right though - his shtick is infuriating. Poor Boy. No warm muffelatas. Did you write a letter. etc, etc. I know it's designed to do what it does (he's like the Colin Cowherd of food radio), but it still makes you grit your teeth. And, you know, if you listen to him enough, you can predict exactly what he will say with regards to certain subjects or recommendations. I've done it numerous times with other people in the car and they are always astounded.

In my opinion, Zara's grocery store on Prytania(the one near Valence) makes the best roast beef po-boy around. Ask them to make it sloppy. Parkway has never impressed me all that much.

This thread made me go get a roast beef poboy for lunch. I went to Sammy's on Veterans, formerly of Live Oak. Very good roast beef.

And, for the record, I'm a huge Parkway fan, but I tend to agree that their roast beef isn't the best. I almost always get hot sausage when I'm there.

If I didn't have a nice helping of leftover homemade eggplant parmesan in the fridge at work I'd want to kill ALL of you. I will be searching for a good roast beef poboy very soon though.

I listen to him a lot driving home from work. I don't agree with a lot of his opinions, but you've got to admit, he is a wealth of good information, both about restaurants and cooking.

Your right though - his shtick is infuriating. Poor Boy. No warm muffelata's. Did you write a letter. etc, etc. I know it's designed to do what it does (he's like the Colin Cowherd of food radio), but it still makes you grit your teeth. And, you know, if you listen to him enough, you can predict exactly what he will say with regards to certain subjects or recommendations. I've done it numerous times with other people in the car and they are always astounded.

...like his schtick about not knowing anything about the Saints or LSU games that day.

To my knowledge, Slidell has never had a Rocky and Carlo's.

Mr. Longo and the Armonds came over here, but not Rocky and Carlo's. maybe i'm wrong, but i doubt it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom