Pass Inteference Call (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sorry if a thread has already been started, but that P.I. call in the end zone that was picked up b/c Drew was outside of the pocket, what the heck was up with that. My friend and I who watch alot of football were both baffled at the call. The NFL now has so many rules maybe this one went un-noticed to us. Any clarification on this rule would be nice

Sorry if a thread has already been started, but that P.I. call in the end zone that was picked up b/c Drew was outside of the pocket, what the heck was up with that. My friend and I who watch alot of football were both baffled at the call. The NFL now has so many rules maybe this one went un-noticed to us. Any clarification on this rule would be nice

Not sure, but the WR was defenitly interfered with beyond 5 yards...I was scratching my head on that one too.

Yea never really have seen that one too much but i guess when the QB is out of the pocket the WR is open game......:cussing:

It was illegal contact, not pass interference. And by rule it's legal to contact a WR when the QB is out of the pocket.

It was illegal contact, not pass interference. And by rule it's legal to contact a WR when the QB is out of the pocket.

You are correct. Once the QB leaves the pocket he technically becomes a runner and the WR becomes a blocker. I guess that is my understanding of the rule. Even though he is still behind the line it is legal. oh well.

You are correct. Once the QB leaves the pocket he technically becomes a runner and the WR becomes a blocker. I guess that is my understanding of the rule. Even though he is still behind the line it is legal. oh well.

I could understand that if the receiver had turned around to block the DB to let Brees run, but in this case the receiver was running away from the DB trying to get open for a pass.

Pass Inteference Call

I thought this thread may have been about the ref getting in Colston's way on that third down pass........

The refs got it right.

Now there is the issue of all the holding going on to let Parker get the edge. That was some blatant stuff there.

We wont see a lot of film breakdown of those runs this week.

The refs got it right.

Why isn't it PI though once the ball is in the air? They didn't show a clear view of it, but it sure looked like the DB was holding up the receiver while the ball was in the air, which should be PI as far as I know.

on the non-pi \ilegal contact play - it looked to me as if the defender grabed him for a sec, which would have been holding - and a 5 yd automatic first down

I can guarantee you that if it had been Hines Ward in the endzone and Craft making that play the flag would have stood. You can't knock a receiver down in the endzone on a pass play, PERIOD.

Now there is the issue of all the holding going on to let Parker get the edge. That was some blatant stuff there.

We wont see a lot of film breakdown of those runs this week.

You saw that too? I thought that Ward was going to kiss our DB because he had his arms wrapped around him like a hug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom