Pass Interference (1 Viewer)

Watching RedZone channel and it’s funny how other teams can mug receivers without getting a flag.

So many plays with no laundry that we would have certainly gotten a flag on. Very disheartening.
Because officiating crews watch film, looking for infraction tendencies. I think that’s sort of crappy. That’s why we get the ticky tack calls against us. I don’t think they should be looking for certain things to infract. They should only be making obvious calls.

Watching RedZone channel and it’s funny how other teams can mug receivers without getting a flag.

So many plays with no laundry that we would have certainly gotten a flag on. Very disheartening.
Up here in WNY, I see the Bills every week, and my Dad and I comment on this a lot. It’s nice to see games without P.I. and illegal contact flags on every other passing play.

Because officiating crews watch film, looking for infraction tendencies. I think that’s sort of crappy. That’s why we get the ticky tack calls against us. I don’t think they should be looking for certain things to infract. They should only be making obvious calls.

They must be reviewing Saints film only, then.

Did anyone see that nonsense int the refs just gave the Rams? Like, that might actually be corruption. They were getting manhandled and then the refs gave them an interception in proably the worst call I've seen all year. Immediately went down and scored a TD on the shell shocked Bills where still trying to figure out what just happened.

It’s clear that the Saints are known as a “pass interference team” and I don’t know if that designation will ever go away. Luckily (for them) the Seahawks legion of boom was designated as “they just play hard” instead of interfere...
Going back a few years ... but does anyone else remember the 2013 Saints game at New England (box score link below)? Patriot cornerback Aqib Talib completely stoned Jimmy Graham -- six targets for Graham, zero receptions.

How did Talib accomplish this? By grabbing Graham's hand or forearm every single time the ball was in the air. Credit to Talib for not doing the obvious hooking-arms thing that refs catch all the time, but otherwise it was DPI every time. At the time, the Seahawks DBs were masters of this same technique.

Had Talib tried to play strictly within the rules and aimed to defend by getting position, playing the ball, etc. ... the much larger Graham would've just bodied Talib out of the way to make catches all afternoon. Belichick knew what was up.

The Saints secondary just needs to stop grabbing the receivers arms as they’re running - that’s what they keep calling them on.

idk...saw Cowboys get called for 3 on one drive today

A lot of times it seems that the receiver pulls our defenders hand to his body to make it look like PI. The officials are not hard to fool.

The Saints secondary just needs to stop grabbing the receivers arms as they’re running - that’s what they keep calling them on.

If they didn't get burned so much, they might not need to grab arms, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom