Saints Pass Rush ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know our secondary is looking awful right now, but l think most of it is down to our lack of a decent pass rush
Just how much time did AR have last night on almost every single play?, l cannot remember us getting even close to him
Same last week after the first quarter
Hopefully getting Davenport back soon may help, but giving opposing QB’s as much time as we do is what l think is really killing our D

I know our secondary is looking awful right now, but l think most of it is down to our lack of a decent pass rush
Just how much time did AR have last night on almost every single play?, l cannot remember us getting even close to him
Same last week after the first quarter
Hopefully getting Davenport back soon may help, but giving opposing QB’s as much time as we do is what l think is really killing our D

No Davenport = No pass rush...

That’s why it was important to get another pass rusher on the DL because Davenport can’t be relied on to play.

The only time the Saints generated a pass rush is when they blitzed. When you blitz the corners are on an island. The lack of a pass rush is definitely making the DBs look worse than they actually are. I think this is the root of the problem on defense.

No Davenport = No pass rush...

That’s why it was important to get another pass rusher on the DL because Davenport can’t be relied on to play.
Still don't understand why they didn't go after Everson Griffen in the offseason.

This is why I also get mad at Payton b/c there's never seems to be a back up plan and the team always need a back up plan.

If you can’t get there with 4 or having to blitz to get pressure, you are in deep do do. Cam is MIA so far. Maybe more importantly, if we can’t stop the run consistently, that will be a killer also. It looks like to me that when we are on offense you can see the struggle they are having compared to our opponent last night. Their plays just looked smoother than ours. All that cute crap with Taysom needs to be thrown out of the playbook until we can run the ball effectively . Football has stayed a pretty simple game where if you can run the ball and stop the run, you have a much higher chance of winning. The PI thing is killing the sport. I wish they would just go to the college PI rules. No putting the ball where the contact happened. Teams are like screw it, I’m just going to heave it as far as I can and I have a 50/50 shot of getting the ball at the 1 if it’s thrown in the end zone. That is such a BS rule and everybody knows it!

Cam Jordan has disappeared so far this season. Others have generated some pressure but not much. I could be wrong but I think Trey Hendrickson leads the team with 2 sacks?

Team knew it was an issue or they wouldn't have gone after Clowney.
Haunted by the same issues over, and over again. Terrible officiating complements terrible coverages in the secondary supported by an anemic pass rush equals today.

Rankins cant be healthy. Basically at this point he's Sed Ellis 2.0.
Cam Jordan with zero sacks had 4 by game 3 last season.
Any linebacker not name Davis equals a non factor.

Defense is a collective mess.

Yup I wanted griffen as well. Our dline isn’t good lol. We can stop the run because nobody gets pressure

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom