Passing The Floyd? (1 Viewer)

Hebertcj

Deuxdat`
Reaction score
I astounded as to why Mike Mayocks #1 DT drops from projected #3 to 23. 20 spots? Every round that went by my jaw dropped lower. When he finally got to the Saints I was out of my seat waiting for Rob Ryan to shove that little Bit@h Goddell aside and call Floyd's name. With the 15th Pick New Orleans Selects Kenny Vaccaro Texas ***!!!

Did we miss something on Floyd that the Vikings were scratching there heads about? I nearly threw my beer at the television. I like Vaccaro although I had him after Jones and Mingo (who went 6 btw good for him). I had no idea we would be choosing between Floyd, Jones. No brainer either guy lets do this.

Vaccaro is a safe pick with talent to start. I trust LOOMIS and hope that the have something great in mind. He beats Jenkins at safety. I don't think they move Harper. The only one that will move is Jenkins because Vacarro is a Free. My point is how do you pass up Floyd 20 times? Jones had concerns that didn't scare me but maybe they weren't sure about his health. Good luck Vaccaro. In the deep ball we trust amen!

Because Sharriff Floyd's "stock" as we know it was higher than what GMs saw it as. Reports came out before the draft even started stating that Floyd was being talked up by media members and that front offices had him graded much differently

I never did get why he was being mocked so high. He relatively short arms and al the scouting reports talked about how he could be disruptive but at times he struggled disengaging from blockers. Well in the NFL he is really going to struggle with that. And he definetly did not fit as a 3/4 end with those T-Rex arms going against OT's. I would have screamed if we would have picked him.

I astounded as to why Mike Mayocks #1 DT drops from projected #3 to 23. 20 spots? Every round that went by my jaw dropped lower. When he finally got to the Saints I was out of my seat waiting for Rob Ryan to shove that little Bit@h Goddell aside and call Floyd's name. With the 15th Pick New Orleans Selects Kenny Vaccaro Texas ***!!!

Did we miss something on Floyd that the Vikings were scratching there heads about? I nearly threw my beer at the television. I like Vaccaro although I had him after Jones and Mingo (who went 6 btw good for him). I had no idea we would be choosing between Floyd, Jones. No brainer either guy lets do this.

Vaccaro is a safe pick with talent to start. I trust LOOMIS and hope that the have something great in mind. He beats Jenkins at safety. I don't think they move Harper. The only one that will move is Jenkins because Vacarro is a Free. My point is how do you pass up Floyd 20 times? Jones had concerns that didn't scare me but maybe they weren't sure about his health. Good luck Vaccaro. In the deep ball we trust amen!

Actually he's more of a strong than a free. Not a natural ball hawk, but he plays hard all the time.

He has T-Rex arms and his production at Florida was poor, 4.5 sacks in 3 years, despite playing in a system that should have fit him. He was nowhere near a fit in the 3-4 either.

Draftniks will save face by saying the Vikings got a steal but he was nowhere near a top 10 pick he was being made out to be.

Floyd has short arms. Kinda like a certain guy we know of who so far the FO has decided not to re-sign. Not to say Floyd will end up the same way...then again short arms are not the friend of an NFL DT

Floyd is a projected 3T which is a 3-4 guy he may have played 4-3 but he's better suited for to play inside and out.

3 Technique is not a 3-4 position. 3-Tech is for the 4-3. Shariff Floyd is not made for a 3-4. We saw what happened when they tried to take Glen Dorsey, a 3-Tech, and put him in a 3-4. Huge failure.

We need a giant nose tackle (Hicks potentially and Bunkley) and some 5-Techs (Cam Jordan, maybe Hicks, and seemingly Will Smith).

3 Technique is not a 3-4 position. 3-Tech is for the 4-3. Shariff Floyd is not made for a 3-4. We saw what happened when they tried to take Glen Dorsey, a 3-Tech, and put him in a 3-4. Huge failure.

We need a giant nose tackle (Hicks potentially and Bunkley) and some 5-Techs (Cam Jordan, maybe Hicks, and seemingly Will Smith).

Ur only half rite. 3tech isn't a position in a 2 gap 3-4 but it is a position in a 1 gap 3-4. And it wasn't a "huge failure" when KC drafted Dorsey to play in their 2 gap system, he just couldnt produce like he did at LSU bcuz they asked him to play 5tech which wasn't the best use of his skills. But still he's actually played better than Ellis

And u can prolly forget about us drafting a huge NT bcuz all indications point to RR not really wanting 1. Besides, a 320+ guy isn't necessarily needed in a 1 gap system since our system is all about penetration from the 1 n 3tech positions as opposed to 2 gap assignments like 0 n 5 techs

Jenkins will be your free,Vaccaro will be your strong BANK IT><vaccaro will="" be="" your="" strong.bank="" it=""></vaccaro>

Last edited:
Btw up til last season Jenkins has been a solid FS for us n I dont understand why its so easy to forget. Cant see how any1 could think Vacarro would start over him...especially since Vacarro fits the SS mold a lil better. The drafting of Vacarro will benefit both of em IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom