Passion, versatility marked New Orleans Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro's tenure at Texas (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Passion, versatility marked New Orleans Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro's tenure at Texas | NOLA.com

Akina, who coached Vaccaro for four seasons, believes the Saints made the right choice in taking the versatile All-American safety.
"He just loves to play ball," Akina said. "His personality will be such a great fit for that organization, that state, that town because they really grab me as a real passionate fan base when I've watched them."
All who have encountered Vaccaro on the football field seem to zero in his passion for the game and his desire to be get the most out of his 6-foot, 214-pound body.
"He is passionate about everything he does but specifically about football," said Texas Coach Mack Brown. "He loves to practice, he loves to play. He brings that passion and toughness every day whether it is practice or games.
"He's a guy that when you watch video you circle him if you are the opposite team because he's an impact player."
And that is not just as a free safety in the middle of the field, either. Vaccaro began his career with the Longhorns as an instant contributor on defense and as a standout player on all of their special teams.

Nice article on Kenny.

He basically shut down one of the top 2 WR's in this draft, so I'm pumped. We've needed to up grade our S positions for some time now.

He wasnt my choice for our 15th pick, but that certainly doesnt mean I dont like him.

With all the enthusiasm surrounding him, I very much hope he produces in his first year with us.

This is why Kenny V.was drafted at #15 this year.I've seen enough of these two trying to play Safety..Look at this :jpshakehead:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
roman-harper-and-malcolm-jenkins-ad9260c08a28e399.jpg

This is why Kenny V.was drafted at #15 this year.I've seen enough of these two trying to play Safety..Look at this :jpshakehead:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
roman-harper-and-malcolm-jenkins-ad9260c08a28e399.jpg

Jenkins Im pretty sure will bounce back. Contrary to popular sentiments around here, for the most part he's actually been a pretty solid safety for us. Harper on the other hand, lets just say we shall see

Anyway, regarding Vaccaro, I expect to see alot of ppl seated at the crow buffet come next season

I'm thinking KV at SS and IAQ at FS with Jenkins moved back to CB and Harper losing the starting spot in camp and getting cut/traded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom