Pat White attempting NFL comeback (1 Viewer)

November290

On the bubble
Reaction score
Pat White attempting NFL comeback, to work out at WVU pro day - SBNation.com

Intresting read, Geno is going to have company at WV pro day.

"With the implementation of the read option in NFL offenses over the past couple years, and its explosion in 2012 led by Robert Griffin III, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, there likely is more interest now in speedy White."

What do you think are his chances?

Just wanted to share to have something else to post about besides pining for Mingo, 2nd round pick, Honey Badger can and can't do...ect.:rolleyes:

I was surprised and felt somewhat bad for Pat White. After a stellar performance in his bowl game in his senior year, I expected that he would get more consideration as a pocket passer. I thought round 2 was a little high for him to be drafted, but at the time the wildcat had really taken off. I hope he does well.

I was surprised and felt somewhat bad for Pat White. After a stellar performance in his bowl game in his senior year, I expected that he would get more consideration as a pocket passer. I thought round 2 was a little high for him to be drafted, but at the time the wildcat had really taken off. I hope he does well.

Agree with this, I pulled for the guy but I must say that I don't think he was given much of an opportunity to prove himself in Miami. After investing a 2nd round pick in him and 2.4 mil in guaranteed money, he was shown the door next season and fell off the NFL radar. His timing for this attempt is perfect though with the success of the read option this year in the pros. I hope the best for him.

Pat White attempting NFL comeback, to work out at WVU pro day - SBNation.com

Intresting read, Geno is going to have company at WV pro day.

"With the implementation of the read option in NFL offenses over the past couple years, and its explosion in 2012 led by Robert Griffin III, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, there likely is more interest now in speedy White."

What do you think are his chances?

Just wanted to share to have something else to post about besides pining for Mingo, 2nd round pick, Honey Badger can and can't do...ect.:rolleyes:

I could see him as a back-up to Kaepernick now.

I am rooting for him because we went to High School together. Actually, funny story. I was hanging out with him and his girlfriend one day when her and I got to talking, and about a week later her and I went out...

A few years later while watching him play at WVU, I told my new GF that story and her words were: "Boy I bet she feels stupid".

Needless to say we aren't together anymore.

Agree with this, I pulled for the guy but I must say that I don't think he was given much of an opportunity to prove himself in Miami. After investing a 2nd round pick in him and 2.4 mil in guaranteed money, he was shown the door next season and fell off the NFL radar. His timing for this attempt is perfect though with the success of the read option this year in the pros. I hope the best for him.

Fix your font. Reset it to normal. Its too small. Hard to read on a mobile device.

Edit: after typing that reply it now looks normal. What gives?

Last edited:
I always thought and still think a position change would give him a better chance, but like Eric Crouch, he didn't and doesn't want to switch.

he is as good as the others, i just don't think this read option is here to stay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom