Pat Yasinskas on Malcolm Jenkins (1 Viewer)

saburai

Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet. It's a good read on the transition from Sharper to Jenkins in the secondary.

Maybe this situation is exactly what the Saints need to make a good defense even better. Maybe they’ll go with Jenkins as their starter and Sharper as an insurance policy/tutor. In a best-case scenario, having Jenkins on the field could give the Saints something like Sharper’s mind in a much younger and healthier body.

“In this league, I think I could be a good corner," Jenkins said. “But I think I have the potential to be great at safety."

If he turns out to be anywhere near as great as Sharper, the Saints might have found their free safety for the next decade or so.

Jenkins is going to be a freak at FS. His vision is amazing, he can offer support against the run, and he has the ability to man up on WR's. The best part is that I have read several times that Sharper is really taking Jenkins under his wing. He is going to be a very exciting player.

I had the volume turned down due to my gf anyway. I don't remember that clip but it rocked! He made a lot of the same plays last year as far as his hits and stripping the ball. The interceptions will come.

I think the Saints should go with Sharper for the first half of the season, then test the waters with Malcom Jenkins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom