Article Patrick Mahomes lists his top 5 QB’s of all time. (1 Viewer)

I’m not going to argue with a pro on who he thinks is best all time because it is a subjective list, but I will say this. Do a deep dive into each player’s career and come back and tell me what QB ultimately did more with less. You will be hard pressed to find anyone that was surrounded by less talent his entire career on the offensive and defensive side of the ball than Drew Brees.
100%. I have made this argument... to no avail mostly ... but I believe

DB = GOAT and it's not even close

Close your eyes for a second and try not to vomit.... but put Drew's entire career exactly as it was.... but on the Dallas Cowboys...You would hear a constant drum beat for him to be included in the conversation for GOAT

Hell they tried to make the argument that Tony Romo was a HOFer

I see you got a few negative reactions,but this is a pretty good list. I'd drop Favre and Rodgers and replace them
with Bart Starr and Otto Graham.
Any “all time” list that doesn’t include Otto Graham is objectively wrong. People should stick with “modern era” is they aren’t prepared to do their homework.

Last edited:
Any “all time” list that doesn’t include Otto Graham is objectively wrong. People should stick with “modern era” is they aren’t prepared to do their homework.
I’ll 💯 admit my list would have a recency bias. Marino is as far back as I go…..I’m sure there were some amazing players before as well.

I’ll 💯 admit my list would have a recency bias. Marino is as far back as I go…..I’m sure there were some amazing players before as well.
Otto Graham played 10 seasons in the NFL ,and led the Browns to 10 championship games. He won 7 of those.
HoustonSaint68 is right. Any Qb list has to include Graham

Otto Graham played 10 seasons in the NFL ,and led the Browns to 10 championship games. He won 7 of those.
HoustonSaint68 is right. Any Qb list has to include Graham
Wow! I’ll read up on Otto.

10 in a row, but it wasn't the NFL, it was the AFL. Some people knock him over that.
AAFC,but like the AFL all records from those leagues are now recognized by the NFL. His first game
after the merger was in 1950. The Browns defeated the 2 times defending NFL champs Eagles
35-10. The Browns ended the year winning the NFL championship by defeating the Rams. Not
bad for an expansion team :)

AAFC,but like the AFL all records from those leagues are now recognized by the NFL. His first game
after the merger was in 1950. The Browns defeated the 2 times defending NFL champs Eagles
35-10. The Browns ended the year winning the NFL championship by defeating the Rams. Not
What I told you was the extent of my knowledge. Still, 10 in a row with winning 7 is awesome.

Meh.

Would be a different list had it not been for one play (for Brees):

Alex Smith bootleg vs 49'ers
Missed tackle vs. Vikings
Non PI call vs. Rams
Jared Cook fumble vs. 49'ers (or, was it the Bucs?)

Anyway, Brees would have had 5 or more SB rings before retiring.

:gosaints:
It was the Bucs.

And you also need to take a look at Otto Graham in relation to the other QBs in the league with him. Very Marino-like in coming along, separating himself from the pack and doing what no one else had done before.

I'm not old enough to have seen Graham play with my own eyes but, much like Drew (who I don't think is top 5) the stats tell a story that qualifies him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom