Article Patrick Mahomes vs the Mind of Bill Belichick (1 Viewer)

Belichick is severly overrated & has been outcoached in several games since the SB.

I love how everyone has magically forgotten that K.C. does this same routine every year. They start out hot, like last year where they were 5-0 and a SB favorite before getting a reality check that sent them crashing down hard. This will most likely be the week that they get the reality check and come back down to earth. K.C. might actually be the best regular season team in the league the last several years, but in the post season they resemble the old Houston Oilers with their choke jobs.

The Pats are 41-1 all time in Foxboro vs QBs ages 25 or under. The one loss was to the 49ers in 2013.

Kansas City's defense may be worse than ours, minus all the turnovers they got last week playing against a bad QB (whom still put 400+ yards passing on them). This is just what the doctor ordered for a struggling Pats offense to get it together. Gronk, Edleman and Gordon can go off on that secondary.

I expect the Pats to run the same or a similar defensive scheme on the Chiefs that they ran against Rodgers and the Packers in 2014. They'll press man coverage, take away the deep ball and force them to use checkdowns and sideline passes.

I don't see the Pats losing this. Wouldn't be shocked if they blow them out.

Fool me once...

The Chiefs put a whooping on the Pats in the season opener last year. I don't see the Pats allowing that to happen again.

It'll be a close one though. That offense can score at will, they put up 30 on the Jags, nobody else has got close to that this season.

A QB's job isn't to out think the opposing head coach. That is the job of his head coach and or Offensive Coordinator. The QB's responsibility is to read the defensive as scans the field and to either go what play was called or switch to the alternate based on what he see's.

Could be a great game. Wonder if New England can keep Mahones in the pocket.

I dont think Bill has the personnel to execute these defensive plans anymore. He can scheme all he wants, but hes let so much talent walk out the door in return for mid-late round picks. You can see it starting to have an affect on what they can do.

Until he shows me otherwise, I'm rolling with Mahomes. I think it's natural to be secretly rooting against someone who is challenging Drew for his MVP, but this dude is everything right now. On top of that, the have more weapons on offense than anyone in the league (I'm looking at you, Rams).

I think teams are finding out the hard way that you cant stop all these weapons with the QB they have. You used to be able to just shake Alex Smith up a little bit and that would solve everything. Now, KC has Brett Favre 2.0 and he can take ALL the heymakers you throw at him. I'm really hyped for this game. I'm taking KC by 10.

Just something about this Kansas City Chiefs team doesn’t really impress me. I dunno what it is yet, but something just doesn’t add up to winning against the big boys.

I'll hold off on burying the chiefs a while longer. Their offense is scary good, especially once a play breaks down. Defensively, sure, they aren't the strongest; however, they have just enough ability to rush the passer to make that one key stop they'll need. Let's see how this plays out.

I'll hold off on burying the chiefs a while longer. Their offense is scary good, especially once a play breaks down. Defensively, sure, they aren't the strongest; however, they have just enough ability to rush the passer to make that one key stop they'll need. Let's see how this plays out.

Agreed. And they were without one of their best on defense imo. Justin Houston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom