Poll Patrick Peterson. Ok, this has some legs now. Making a Poll. Peterson yay or nay if we could? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Peterson for next years 2nd and possibly a 2020 pick?

• Total voters
He's the Black Mamba of cornerbacks. 1 INT, 2 passes defended, fumble recovery & 24 combined tackles through 5 weeks. IIRC PFF has him ranked currently at 3.

Patrick is still elite at the position.
That's appealing. Why you gotta go making sense around here?

I think the Saints have a legitimate two year window to win the Superbowl. They won't be contending for a Superbowl when Brees retires. I'm willing to mortgage the future in order to win now. Additionally, CB is one of those positions where Peterson could contribute immediately.

It's also imperative that you mortgage in some areas when a conference opponent has already done that (Rams) and they will be your biggest obstacle to winning a title.

Not to sound like Mike Ditka, but if it means getting Drew another ring before he retires, i’d trade every pick we have from the 19 and 20 drafts.

Not to sound like Mike Ditka, but if it means getting Drew another ring before he retires, i’d trade every pick we have from the 19 and 20 drafts.

I’ll wear the wedding dress. We just need the photographer.

I would give up the 2nd in a heartbeat for Peterson. Or we could just let him go to the Eagles, Rams or even worse the Failcants or to another one of our division rivals. That would be awful. I say go get him, make it happen Loomis. Let the Loomising begin.

The question and poll is redundant. We can not afford him. End of story. Won't happen (me risking to sound like old school Jon Gruden)

I have no idea why Arizona isn't aggressively trying to trade him. It makes less than zero sense for them to keep him a day longer than they have to. They are a bad, bad team in the beginning of a rebuild. Peterson is a 28 year old CB and the only real asset they have to get a few valuable draft picks to speed up the rebuild. By the time they are competitive, he will be a 30-31 year old CB. He is far more valuable to them on another team and getting the draft capital in return.

May not be us, but he should be somewhere else by 10/30.

The question and poll is redundant. We can not afford him. End of story. Won't happen (me risking to sound like old school Jon Gruden)

The Saints can afford him if they want him. It would be pretty easy, for Loomis at least, to fit him under the salary cap. One or two restructured contracts could create the cap space needed for PP. It would probably take a second-round pick in 2019 to get it done. the saints do have a second round pick in 2019.

I think Peterson is great.

I don't think we should pay him what he deserves.

Sorry if the poll offended you (not really) ?
And your logic is flawed. If he were available and we wanted him we’d find a way to afford him.
Does indeed look like he won’t be moving per their owner.
Have a nice day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom