Patrick Robinson (1 Viewer)

To blame the scheme you would have to believe that every other corner in the NFL was playing in a scheme perfectly suited to them. Jenkins was rated #84 out of the top 86 safeties ( think about how bad that really is. There are only 64 starters) and Robinson is the worst corner. Harper was terrible and the other corner was a revolving door when Greer wasn't playing. He also was horrible and admitted as much more than once. The scheme didn't cause all of this, horrible play and players did. Things must change and it begins and ends with the talent, or lack thereof, on the field.

So Greer went from being a very good starting CB to terrible because he just suddenly lost all of his physical abilities and also forgot everything he's learned during his years in the NFL? Not impossible I guess but it seems improbable to me. To me he looked like he didn't know what he supposed to be going half the time. Unless he really has been hiding the fact that he's stupid for the last few years I'd think there was some pretty bad coaching going on.

You have to consider that Denver was slaughtering us in the run game. It's not hard to believe most safeties would bite on PA. The jam likely would not have helped Harper unless it was Mel Blount style.

You have to consider that Denver was slaughtering us in the run game. It's not hard to believe most safeties would bite on PA. The jam likely would not have helped Harper unless it was Mel Blount style.

This. Wasnt bunkley a healthy scratch? Saints went into that game thinking pass pass smh

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Or our two safeties should trust the front 7 to do its job properly.

Theres no reason ur Safeties should get sucked up in run support on a PA. I can see it happening to the LB's...but as the Safeties especially in deep coverage ur first steps should be to your coverage area..not foward to come crashing down on the run play. Once you read run...then u fill ur gaps but if ur primarly in coverage i don't see the point of playing the run. Let the guys up front handle that. IF they mess up then u have to come downhill to make a tackle then u can say u played cleanup...but if its a fake and the ball is over your head then BAM...its your fault. Better safe than sorry

The ood defenses safeties don't have to bite because the front seven is adequate .here however without our safeties biting we would have done much worse harper was our best lb last year on most plays. That's why I constantly say harper and jenkins have to do much more, people aren't realizing how bad our front 7really was..

To blame the scheme you would have to believe that every other corner in the NFL was playing in a scheme perfectly suited to them. Jenkins was rated #84 out of the top 86 safeties ( think about how bad that really is. There are only 64 starters) and Robinson is the worst corner. Harper was terrible and the other corner was a revolving door when Greer wasn't playing. He also was horrible and admitted as much more than once. The scheme didn't cause all of this, horrible play and players did. Things must change and it begins and ends with the talent, or lack thereof, on the field.

I agree. Its crazy how people refuse to make the players accountable for what they do/don't do on the field. You can blame the coaching only so much... but once its all said and done players play.

I agree. Its crazy how people refuse to make the players accountable for what they do/don't do on the field. You can blame the coaching only so much... but once its all said and done players play.

This is so wrong .. That's like getting mad at Chris ivory for dropping passes out the back field. He's not good at it. You coach has to play to his players skill set. We have all man DBs only one that isn't is Corey white and that's only becuase Spags drafted him.

I may be the minority on this, but I think Robinson is a fine cornerback. There is a huge jump from the top 3 or 4 corners in this league who are considered "shut down" and the rest of the corners in the league.

He has struggled at times, mostly with big receivers that have top end speed (Demaryius Thomas, Vincent Jackson come to mind), but I'd say for the most part he did a good job. It's hard for fans to realize this, but good cornerbacks still give up plays. It's going to happen. Quarterbacks are getting more and more accurate, and receivers are getting bigger, faster and stronger. It's a passing league now. Without a pass rush, there won't be a cornerback who can survive against good/great passing games. Especially when you factor in the back shoulder pass, which when executed properly, is impossible to defend.

Robinson went on a stretch this season in which he literally shut down the opposing receiver. We played Atlanta twice, and Pat Robinson didn't give up a thing to Julio/Roddy (who some consider the best WR tandem in the league).

So, yes. He gave up his fair share of big plays, but there are other factors. While yes, sometimes it was him getting beat physically, there was more mis-communications in the secondary this year than we all care to admit.

I'm not saying that he's a shut-down corner by any means, but I am saying that he's a good NFL cornerback. Take a look at some of the starting corners in this league. Seriously. We've got it better than most teams.

well he was playing zone, he is a pretty good man corner, has speed, lacks ball skills, and you need those for zone or you are exposed badly

Big reason I want Rob Ryan as our DC. He plays a lot of man coverage, so I would expect PRob and Greer to return to top form.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom