Patrick Robinson's worst game to date (1 Viewer)

Whats up with that? Greer does it also. Don't they know by now to slow down, get leverage, and just get in the guy's way until help arrives? :idunno:

It's odd though, because some games they're both incredible tacklers--Greer has made some great stops coming up. But then they've both had games this year where they've just come up fast and whiffed.

I dunno.

who?

610x.jpg
Oh goodness, you had to remind me of that debacle

Don't forget that Robinson is a press corner... If u rewatch the big plays he gave up was because he missed the jam off the line

Are you kidding? He was covering Dez Bryant most of the game and last I checked he was non-existant in the passing game. Sure he made a couple of mistakes, but overall, that was pretty impressive. I was impressed with the coaching staff showing that much confidence in him.

one of the catches that roy williams had was after he got up off the ground from being planted by patrick robinson......he was only open because the defense doesnt cover guys that cant stand up

You also said it was his worst game to date.

Back it up. Bet you can't.

Dude, Robinson did get burned on one particular play. I did notice that on that play that Greer wasn't on the field. I can't say what particular play it was, but Robinson made mistakes out there on Thursday. Heck, Graham played like a rookie by dropping a couple of passes including tipping one pass that was ultimatly intercepted.

I remember 2 times that he seemed to slip while trying to jam Roy WIlliams at the line. Could have been poor technigue by PR - coaching can fix that. Could have been the turf. We have other instances that turf appeared to be a problem - Marion Barber slip for one. Could have been a combo. I'm pretty confident that GW will deal with it during film session.
I'm more concerned with TP's poor tackling in this game. He came into the league with that rep. But last year he really seemed to be at least adequate in that facet of the game. I'm confident that GW will deal with this also when they look at the film.

One thing you can plainly see with these guys is that they are accountable to one another. That's the essence of team. It's why we won the Super Bowl last year. It's why I think we will win it again this year.

Did you not read my entire post? I did say it was one of those games that rookies have. I didn't say he was a horrible CB and we should cut him. He's played well all year. Just like Greer last week, he just had an off game. It's happens to everybody.

Tell that to Dez Bryant.

Everybody just feels they need to make a thread for anything, even when their wrong. I wasn't high on drafting Pat Rob because I thought our needs were more important in the front 7 however after Thursday's performance along with his basic solid play this whole season I'm extremely happy we drafted this kid. People should actually try and pay attention to players before they try and critique their play.

I do agree that it may have been his worst game thus far .. But that's a good thing IMO as I've never really seen him beat before (except for the incomplete pass in the falcons game)..

Kind of how Brees had an "average" game completing 60% for 350 yards and still being better than 90% of the QBs playing this week..

Saint Ced. Hang around dude. Its all good here. Some people here feel the need to overlook the times they were harsh in their evaluations and then came back time and again to defend and retract or edit those comments. That said you were right in the fact that it wasn't his best game especially as a press corner. As for the comments about starting threads or your opinions just keep it civil and its all good. Heck even some people here and me have locked horns only to find out later we were ALL SAINTS FANS.

I really didn't see it.

I continually saw him and his dreads out there across from Dez Bryant and Roy Williams, and much more often then not I didn't see those guys make a catch on him. He gave up some passes and slipped on that Roy Williams strip play, but overall I thought it was his best game to date considering how much he played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom