Patrick Swayze, Diagonosed with Pancreatic Cancer, has 5 weeks to live (1 Viewer)

Google.. News
"patrick swayze cancer"

and TONS of articles come up

Edit: not TONS, but quite a few.. I'm not sure how reputable any of them are...

LOL... the way I read it, I thought he must have something going on. I should have known better. Sam Elliot's too tough to die.

Nope, just talking about Jeff Healey, and now Swayze. Sam Elliot was the only other name I remembered from that movie.

I (and others) visited with a friend back at the beginning of Feb that was visiting everyone due to cancer. They said he had a year left. He died 4 days ago. The cancer got really agressive to the point that there was nothing to be done.

Steve Jobs beat it:

"Fortune Magazine) -- In October 2003, as the computer world buzzed about what cool new gadget he would introduce next, Apple CEO Steve Jobs - then presiding over the most dramatic corporate turnaround in the history of Silicon Valley - found himself confronting a life-and-death decision. During a routine abdominal scan, doctors had discovered a tumor growing in his pancreas. While a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is often tantamount to a swiftly executed death sentence, a biopsy revealed that Jobs had a rare - and treatable - form of the disease. If the tumor were surgically removed, Jobs' prognosis would be promising: The vast majority of those who underwent the operation survived at least ten years."

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news/companies/elkind_jobs.fortune/index.htm?cnn=yes

swayze.jpg

Patrick Swayze as Vida in "To Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar," starring Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pn6licLYss8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pn6licLYss8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I (and others) visited with a friend back at the beginning of Feb that was visiting everyone due to cancer. They said he had a year left. He died 4 days ago. The cancer got really agressive to the point that there was nothing to be done.

SS for your loss

Wifey and daughters swooned over him in Dirty Dancing and Ghost.

Of course, I was more into Point Break and got a real chuckle out of To Wong Fu.

I remember calling Daughter #2 in and asking her to take a close look at "Vida."

"That's Patrick Swayze," I told her.

"No, Dad, that's just WRONG!!!" she answered. :hihi:

A few minutes ago, I mentioned the cancer diagnosis to our receptionist. She paused and said her mother died of pancreatic cancer...given six weeks to live, but didn't make it three weeks. Bad stuff.

LOL... the way I read it, I thought he must have something going on. I should have known better. Sam Elliot's too tough to die.

I read that if Sam Elliott dies his mustache can live another two years or so.

sam-elliott_paul-wender_mustache.jpg

Google.. News
"patrick swayze cancer"

and TONS of articles come up

Edit: not TONS, but quite a few.. I'm not sure how reputable any of them are...

I checked several of those and they are all sited the original Enquirer article.

My great aunt died of pancreatic cancer years ago. When she was diagnosed, they said how quickly it could happen, and told her 6 months. She lived another year and half. And if I remember correctly, I don't remember her being really sick until the very end. Is that typical with this type of cancer?

Can we get a picture of him and put a cape, hat, mask and green pants on it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom