Patrick Willis...the run stopper (1 Viewer)

We have a 1, a 2, 4 picks in rds 3-4, a 5, and a 6 (pretty sure we traded the 7 for Shanle).
That's 8 picks. I still think we should keep them all, because they won't all necessarily make the team and I do believe we need both depth and upgrade at most positions. We are in the awesome position of being able to take the BPA in every round, the only position I'd skip would be RB and QB, and then we could do that in rds 5-6.

We're very thin at WR.
We do not have a decent TE.
RT is up in the air after this year.
We could use depth at G.
We've been lucky at C, considering Faine's injury history.
We could use another big DT, I think Hollis' contract is up this year (correct me if I'm wrng)
We may lose Grant, not sure Nink is a starter at DE.
The only LB I like enough to pencil him in next year is Fujita.
CB is a decent candidate for an early pick.
SS/FS could use depth. It really hurt when Harper went down, and I'm not sure Bullocks has a backup at all.
I wouldn't cry about taking a decent QB either, but only after round 4.
Same with RB if for some reason Stecker becomes a cap casualty.
I wouldn't cry about taking a KR/PR late as an insurance policy for Beerman.
Even a kicker late would be okay. Our K is 44 years old.

We have a lot of guys who could be upgraded in age, price, and talent, or who might go FA.

Jaime Martin
Stecker
Copper
J. Jones
L. Moore (is he still on the team?)
B. Miller
Conwell
Campbell
Goodwin
Holland
Petitti
Stinch
Lake
Leslie
Hollis
Young
Grant
Siminou
D. Clark
Shanle
F. Thomas
Craft
Bellamy
Bullocks
Stoutmire
Carney
Beerman

There is risk AND opportunity at almost every position.

Sad thing, I think he wil end up playing for Haslett with the rams. They need linebackers and they should know by now that Witherspoon is much better playing the WILL than the MIKE.

How good is Buster Davis? He seems like the logical option if we draft a linebacker. MIKE is way better need than WILL for us.

I wouldn't mind any of the big linebackers in this year's draft...Willis, Posluszny, Laurenitis, or Buster Davis. As good a year for linebackers as there's been in a while it looks like.

I watched the presentation of the Butkus award on YouTube. This guy is really a stand-up guy. He would work great in the Saints defense.

I wouldn't mind any of the big linebackers in this year's draft...Willis, Posluszny, Laurenitis, or Buster Davis. As good a year for linebackers as there's been in a while it looks like.

Laurinits (sp) is only a sophomore this year. So he won't be entering the draft.

Ahhh yes, our annual make a wish for a stud LB thread...kinda early though!!

2003=Boss Bailey
2004=DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma
2005-Derrick Johnson
2006=AJ Hawk, Demeco Ryans

Keep dreaming fellas, ain't no way we getting Patrick Willis in Black n Gold, i'm with you with wishing for it though. Knowing Payton, we'll end up drafting somebody from Utah A&M in the bottom of the 6th round, and he'll end up being Defensive Rookie of the Year!!
LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom