Patriots on historical pace regarding pass defense (it's absurd) (1 Viewer)

Yes it is. I have them on one of my Fantasy teams , so I hope they keep it up, lol

I'd see if you can trade them for a skill position player. I think they are scoring like a top 10 WR or RB last I heard. They won't keep it up against some of the coming competition. Though they will be good come playoff time (Bengals, Bills, Dolphins).

I don't care what their schedule looks like. To do what they're doing in today's NFL with so many rules favoring the offense and the passing game is ridiculous. Patriots are good. Their defense will still be dominant when they do play a good offense. Darnold carved up the Cowboys and did nothing against the Patriots. 86 yards and four interceptions.

I agree. There are some jealous people on this board. We played in a division with a similar record in the mid 2000's and didnt post this kind of defense or record. I agree their schedule is easy but they dont make it. They dont choose what division they play in. I hope no Patriots fans visit our board, would be embarrassing.

The Patriots are very good. They are coached by a living legend. They have had a very "easy" schedule, but they have mostly destroyed their competition. Tom Terrific is a very good QB, anybody who says different is blind and dumb, but he has been helped a lot by usually having a superb defense and by playing in a mediocre division for most of his career. They also have historically had very favorable refereeing. Just look up Defensive holding and pass interference calls on defenses against the Patriots vs the same calls on defenses against the Saints. Over the years they have had over one more drive extended per game. It's laughable how many calls they get. Are the Patriots great.... Heck yes. Do they have MANY reasons for this....heck yes. Some are not because of the play on the field.

Total respect for their coach and what he has done. He knows how to get the most out of his players and the rules and the rulebook.

I agree. There are some jealous people on this board. We played in a division with a similar record in the mid 2000's and didnt post this kind of defense or record. I agree their schedule is easy but they dont make it. They dont choose what division they play in. I hope no Patriots fans visit our board, would be embarrassing.
yes of course ppl are jealous bc they want to see them play against a good team how dare they and their jealous selves ?

Honestly, I don’t think they could hold AZ to 9 points. I can’t remember a more favorable circumstance for their “achievement”. The meaningful statistic would be how much more effective have the Patriots been against these abysmal offenses than other opponents? And of course, that group is in and of itself a clown show

I don't care what their schedule looks like. To do what they're doing in today's NFL with so many rules favoring the offense and the passing game is ridiculous. Patriots are good. Their defense will still be dominant when they do play a good offense. Darnold carved up the Cowboys and did nothing against the Patriots. 86 yards and four interceptions.
Yeah, but the Patriots have a Head Coach.

The stats are impressive I do give them that.

What is even more impressive is they get all the way thru October and have not played anyone even remotely in a playoff race but the bills.

I would like to say it will equal out yet they really play nobody. They will only play 5 or 6 teams with potential playoff spots and one of them is a defensive power the bills.

So yeah it is kinda like beating up your little sister.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom