Patriots plan..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I feel like we are using a similar model.

They will never overspend I’m a player.
Not even to keep their own.

They trust the system enough that they will let a productive guy go without blinking if they feel the price is too high. (Meanwhile adding valuable comp. picks)

And they bring in the next guy, and the beat goes on.

Both the 22 and 57 deals feel like something they would do.

I think we are heading in the right direction franchise-wise.

Now if only we could get Drew to take a Tom Brady type salary. I know this is been said everywhere, but that sure would be nice for Benson’s family to offer him something beyond money that doesn’t count against the salary cap.

Now if only we could get Drew to take a Tom Brady type salary. I know this is been said everywhere, but that sure would be nice for Benson’s family to offer him something beyond money that doesn’t count against the salary cap.

Or play in a bad division like the Patriots have for the last 10 years .

Say what you want about Brady but his contract has given the Pats a lot more freedom. Look at Brady's recent cap numbers:

'16 - $13,764,706
'17 - $14,000,000
'18 - $22,000,000
'19 - $27,000,000

Must be nice...

I feel like we are using a similar model.

They will never overspend I’m a player.
Not even to keep their own.

They trust the system enough that they will let a productive guy go without blinking if they feel the price is too high. (Meanwhile adding valuable comp. picks)

And they bring in the next guy, and the beat goes on.

Both the 22 and 57 deals feel like something they would do.

I think we are heading in the right direction franchise-wise.

Given he's had some hiccups along the way, but Loomis has done pretty much the same thing in N.O. He's done it quite well the past few seasons. He and his staff don't get the same kind of credit as Moneyballers simply because this is a small market.

Or play in a bad division like the Patriots have for the last 10 years .

Completely agree. When you basically have 6 games a year gifted to you, it’s easy to make the playoffs in this league. Once you’re in, it’s much easier to reel off a 2-3 game win streak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom