Patriots Release OG Josh Kline (1 Viewer)

I swear this is the most concern I have ever seen for one particular position leading into the season. I remember the dreaded can he play safety threads and this seems even worse. No offense to you op, I'm just noticing that we want to look at EVERY LINEMAN CUT. It just seems a little crazy.

I swear this is the most concern I have ever seen for one particular position leading into the season. I remember the dreaded can he play safety threads and this seems even worse. No offense to you op, I'm just noticing that we want to look at EVERY LINEMAN CUT. It just seems a little crazy.

This is why I'm just waiting for official news to appear instead of frantically following all these threads. I'm sure the Saints are aware of these cuts well before someone makes a post on these forums.

As bad as it looked most of preseason, Lelito actually played really well at RG in the 4th game. Peat looked more comfortable at LG as well.

I'm all for an upgrade, but I'm not as concerned as I was.

The Saints and Pats are close. If the FO wanted him, they would have sent a conditional 7th to the Pats to guarantee they got him. My gues is he won't even be brought in for a workout.

As bad as it looked most of preseason, Lelito actually played really well at RG in the 4th game. Peat looked more comfortable at LG as well.

I feel the same way.

Like most posters here, I'm not feeling optimistic. One "ray of hope" though. I seem to remember Jon Stinchcomb stinking it up pretty badly all through training camp in 2006, to the point where the media was saying he was likely to be cut. Then something clicked and he went on to be a solid OL. Only this time we need multiple "clicks."

There has been so much player activity these past couple days it's making me dizzy.:rolleys::rolleys:

I believe our O-Line will get better as they play more together. They will build more continuity. Lelito at RG and Peat at LG looked more comfortable this last preseason game.

They were also playing against most of the Ravens B team. God forbid they struggle against them. Then we really in trouble.

And where's the obligatory 'but can he play guard'

I'll have to rematch the 4th game,but from what i saw, the backup DT was consistently getting leverage advantage and getting hands inside the pads.

He was either driven back or stood up on most plays.

I did feel that Peat settled in more though.

Larry Holder just tweeted this:

FA Josh Kline was 37th ranked guard in 2015 via @PFF. By comparison, Tim Lelito was 27 & Jahri Evans No. 28. #Saints

Kline isn't an upgrade over what we have now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom