Patriots sign Hoyer (1 Viewer)

Not surprising, at this point I'm sure they want someone in there who has been in that QB room (albeit on and off) for multiple seasons, as well as someone who has legitimately started meaningful games.

Incoming “and yet Kaep still doesn’t have a job” all over Facebook ?

We're looking at over 3 full seasons since he has taken a meaningful snap.

We're looking at the 2013 playoffs since he last did anything of any particular relevance (in which he had the Niners in the NFC title game and like 6 yards away or whatever it was from going to a 2nd straight SB.....until he tested Richard Sherman at the wrong time).

Was 2012 / 2013 Kaepernick better than Brian Hoyer at pretty much any point? Absolutely. Would it be worth taking a risk on getting no better than 2014 - 2016 Kaepernick (meaning likely at this point a team won't even get THOSE not-particularly-great versions of him, after having been out of the loop for so long) vs. a guy who has started meaningful games in the NFL in the last few years and knows the Pats' system? Likely not....and those people who keep beating that drum are delusional.

We're looking at over 3 full seasons since he has taken a meaningful snap.

We're looking at the 2013 playoffs since he last did anything of any particular relevance (in which he had the Niners in the NFC title game and like 6 yards away or whatever it was from going to a 2nd straight SB.....until he tested Richard Sherman at the wrong time).

Was 2012 / 2013 Kaepernick better than Brian Hoyer at pretty much any point? Absolutely. Would it be worth taking a risk on getting no better than 2014 - 2016 Kaepernick (meaning likely at this point a team won't even get THOSE not-particularly-great versions of him, after having been out of the loop for so long) vs. a guy who has started meaningful games in the NFL in the last few years and knows the Pats' system? Likely not....and those people who keep beating that drum are delusional.

Yea right after I posted this, I saw the announcement on Facebook. And I swear one of the top comments is exactly what I said lol.

We don't know what his style is with this. This is unprecedented.

He coached Drew Bledsoe prior to Brady, and Bernie Kosar (before cutting him) and Vinny Testaverde in Cleveland. In addition, he coached basically an entire season with Matt Cassell as QB in 2008 when Brady got hurt in Week 1.....a season where they went 11-5 but still managed to miss the playoffs because it was just one of those kinda years in the AFC.

I get that it's basically been 2 decades, but this isn't the Patriot version of a Coronavirus. They've known for a while this was bound to happen, and if stories are to be believed, Bill wanted it to happen about 4 years sooner than it did.

My question in this is Brissett? Back to the Colts? Somewhere else?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom