Patriots thread about our Record setting O!!!! (1 Viewer)

I think it's just you. I mean, it doesn't seem any more confident than our fans or Vikes etc fans. They're not undefeated, but at 4-2 and having just hung 8 TDs on an awful team, they should expect their team to still be doing well.

While they're reasonable, and not ignorant, it's all sort of general talk. We get a lot more nitty gritty specifics on players/matchups/stats thrown in in most threads like that here IMHO.

Maybe, Probably. I jus noticed that in thier banter the expectation to win was there minus the anxiety this forum/fanbase feels three days before a game. Not the night before Christmas "hoping" or the "antisipation" of a father to be in the waiting room. It was just matter of factly. It will be nice when Payton/Brees can leads us down to that kind of confidence. Even better when we don't have to over pay free agents to come play for us. When we can trade away draft picks because the cubboards are well stocked in all departments. When trollers from other boards come here and shut up b/c they know there is very realy chance they will be thumped and sent home.

I do have confidence we are on our way.

PatsFans.com said:
To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 100 or greater.

You currently have 1 posts.

If you want to be able to create threads on their forum in late November you might want to create an account now. 100 post seems excessive, but I guess it weeds out the trash threads by new people.

I think we will score over 100 points over Tampa this year (both games) and most likely around 80 over Carolina and Antlanta will probably be more around the 60-70 mark. so there alone we should have 140-150 points towards the rest of the season

For now the Saints have earned that #1 ranking but we have a long season to keep it and your Fins are in our way... Hell you'll be fighting to save that 1972 undefeated record come Sunday buddy.

The record isnt a concern.

If there's any joke of a fanbase, it's Miami. I could walk up to the stadium the day of a playoff game and get tickets at the window. At least the Pats sell out their games.

We havent had a blackedout game since 2000, although yes fairweather is a good way to describe some fans down here.

You are aware that Foxborough was empty for years prior to 2001 right? That fanbase is a joke that only truly cares about the Sox

Lost all respect when I read this in one post...

...and i think the cowboys and the pats are the only team's that can go toe to toe with them as far as scoreing point's go's

Cowboys...???

I don't really care about any records....the only thing I want to happen is to make the playoffs, get to the Super Bowl, then Win the Super Bowl....that should be the only goal for us. If that happens and we get a record or two in the process great.

I do have confidence we are on our way.
Yep, there are plenty of Dennis Green Vikings, etc that had the good year, struggled, got better and never broke through. Our early 90s run was like this.

There are also plenty of 90s Packers that broke through, struggled a bit then had a good little run.

I have a feeling that with what the core players and coaches learned over the last two years and the 4-5 significant additions since 2006 that we're at the start of a nice 5 year window. If we break through this year, I can see us getting used to winning for a while. Even if we were to go undefeated this year, to me a breakthrough means the big game, not just a playoff game. So, to me it's months away of really knowing, but I've got months to believe that it will happen and the boys haven't given me a reason to doubt it yet.

BTW, percentage wise I'm sure the Pats fanbase is filled with fair-weather bandwagoners, but I know from sportsbars in the 90s forward that they have a core of smart long term fans who went through Grogan and Eason pulling for their guys. Now the Niners fan base, even living on the West Coast it sure got hard to find any fans anywhere post Mariucci.

Is it jus me or does a certain arrogance jus oooozzzz from everyone in that forum. Well, I guess you can have it like that with the rings they have. Maybe it's just me being a hater.

I thought they were pretty fair, I don't see what you are talking about. Honestly, recently, fans on this site are getting arrogant and cocky and it's seems to get worst every week. All this talk about beat downs we will put on other teams, fans on here are acting like we can't lose. The worst part is, the humbleness is wearing off, and there is trash talking to other teams fans for really no reason.

Most of them seem to think it is possible, but unlikely.

I agree. That doesn't mean our offense isn't as good, all it means is the circumstances to break such a record have to be perfect.. so it's really a toss up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom