Patriots waive offensive guard Jonathan Cooper [EDIT: Claimed by the Browns] (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't mind kicking the tires either. Before anyone goes on about "the Pats made a bone head move trading for him" educate yourself. This was a BB special. He got what he wanted when they traded Jones, Cooper was just lagniappe.

I would love to sign Cooper. He had the starting job for the Patriots until he got injured. If this kid can ever kick the injury bug he has all pro potential. Cooper and Armstead playing on the line together would be 2 of the most athletic OLineman in NFL history. I think Evans would be a great mentor for Cooper this season until he is able to get fully healthy. Adding young talent to our interior OLine definitely wouldn't hurt.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnFNnW0IoM

This is a highlight video of him at North Carolina. Kid was an absolute stud and without some nagging injuries would likely be one of the top OGs in the NFL. Was a top 10 pick just a few years ago so he still has tons of upside. A 1st round pick OG is rare and a top 10 pick is almost unheard of so the talent is definitely there. Hasn't had any major injuries that would be concerning just some set backs never allowing him to fullly get going. Just entering his prime with the best years ahead of him. We should definitely take a look at this kid.

Worth a shot. Sometimes it's just about a guy finding the right team and scheme fit. I like him as a developmental prospect.

Funny, in the offseason when I wanted to trade for Chandler Jones, had many arguments on here that NE wouldnt take our 2nd even though it was much higher than Arizonas because NE just had to have this guy. And I said he's been garbage and he's now been waived.....

Like I said we coulda had Jones if we wanted to solve our pass rush problems....
Another dropped ball by the fo.

He was on the injury report up until the week they cut him, FYI. At this point nobody is going to come in and do a better job at guard than the guys we already have.

He was on the injury report up until the week they cut him, FYI. At this point nobody is going to come in and do a better job at guard than the guys we already have.

I wasn't speaking about right now. He was the seventh overall pick. He has some talent. It's worth a waiver claim to see what Rousher might can do with him.

Funny, in the offseason when I wanted to trade for Chandler Jones, had many arguments on here that NE wouldnt take our 2nd even though it was much higher than Arizonas because NE just had to have this guy. And I said he's been garbage and he's now been waived.....

Like I said we coulda had Jones if we wanted to solve our pass rush problems....

grreat.gif

Not surprised by your response since you were one of the people arguing against me and that Cooper wasn't a bust yet two teams have given up on the guy....

And here we sit with the worse defense in the nfl again and one of the worse pass rushes in the nfl yet again....

Not surprised by your response since you were one of the people arguing against me and that Cooper wasn't a bust yet two teams have given up on the guy....

And here we sit with the worse defense in the nfl again and one of the worse pass rushes in the nfl yet again....
You weren't right then and you're not right now, so attempting to congratulate yourself about it is an extreme level of lameness not often seen around here.

Jones has had a couple of good seasons but nothing amazing as this can't pass up pass rusher. To me he is very similar to Cam Jordan as a player which definitely isn't a bad thing but we need more of a get after the QB DE. He would obviously be a big upgrade as would 30 other starting DEs but IMO not going to be worth what his pay will be. Giving up high picks for him would have us in a bad position at the negotiating table as well. I take Michael Thomas over Jones and the $ he's going to demand. If we can snag him in FA great but no Michael Thomas and the $ is a bit much IMO.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:22 PM #12
thetownedrunkard
Pro-Bowler

thetownedrunkard has disabled reputation
David Treadwell will be Colston 2.0 not Michael Thomas, this is just family hyping

I would love to sign Cooper. He had the starting job for the Patriots until he got injured. If this kid can ever kick the injury bug he has all pro potential. Cooper and Armstead playing on the line together would be 2 of the most athletic OLineman in NFL history. I think Evans would be a great mentor for Cooper this season until he is able to get fully healthy. Adding young talent to our interior OLine definitely wouldn't hurt.

What is the love affair with other team's garbage? He is a bum. If the patriots get rid of you they know what they are doing. Did we not learn anything from Browner and the Bethel Johnson trade? How about Tebucky Jones. A bum is a bum is a bum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom