Pats Being Sued in New Orleans Federal Court (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Two Northern Kentucky lawyers, a Cincinnati ticket broker and a former University of Kentucky football player have filed a lawsuit accusing the New England Patriots of cheating in the 2002 Super Bowl and asking for refunds.
The Patriots and Coach Bill Belichick illegally videotaped a St. Louis Rams walk-though before the game to gain an unfair advantage, according to a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in New Orleans, the host city of the game. The Patriots upset the Rams 20 to 17 on a last-second field goal.
The Patriots and the NFL could not immediately be reached for comment.
Through the lawsuit, the broker Kevin Hacker who also attended the Super Bowl, asked the federal court to grant 72,922 people who attended the game a full refund. At a face value of $400 per ticket, that would mean the NFL would have to return $29,168,800.

Link: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/NEWS0103/302150021

frivolous. I guess the WWF/WWE (whatever) will be next.

I hate Belichick and Co., but this is really getting ridiculous.

Much like the steroid crap in baseball, there just needs to be a line drawn in the sand. What's done is done, and if you break the laws/rules in the future, there should be no mercy.

It'll never happen. Can you imagine 72,922 people have to prove that they were there? And if some have died since that game, and you know some have, who gets the money?

I think I should sue for all the crap i've endure being a Saints fan in Pats country over the last 6 years since thier run started. It was all a sham.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom