Pats lost to Jets because ... (1 Viewer)

whodatsaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Last night I watched the Week 2 game between the Patriots and Jets (NFL Game Rewind) to get a feel for how the Jets may play the Saints. I came away feeling that we can beat both of these teams.

The Patriots lost that game not because the Jets were so awesome but because the Pats played terrible offense, defense and special teams, they committed a lot of penalties, and they had no running game. The Pats' defense had been compromised by the loss of a starter through injury so they had been forced to adjust their scheme, and it wasn't pretty.

To be sure, the Jets put a lot of pressure on Brady and they'll be going after Drew all day on Sunday, but on that day, Brady was no Drew Brees. He was worthless out of the pocket and consistently held onto the ball too long.

The Jets are going to make it very hard for us to throw long balls because their secondary is very good, but they are vulnerable to passes into the middle of the field, and it's not hard to run against them.

Offensively, the Jets don't make many stupid mistakes and they don't often put the ball on the ground. When Sanchez loosens up and starts throwing the ball he is dangerous, but he won't hold up to consistent pressure and an aggressive overall defense.

Bottom line: we can stop their offense and we have too many offensive weapons for them. This game is going to be won by a total team effort. If we go out there and play a fearless, balanced game, we'll beat these *******s solidly. I think we are who we think we are. This could be a very special day in the Dome.

Who Dat!

Brady does not look sharp. i watched them vs Atlanta and am still not sure how they won (or why Atlanta didn't play better).

I see bush having a big game because Drew will check down a lot. Screenplays should stop a lot of those exotic blitz packages also. The Saints showed that they could play power football. I believe one of the reasons the Saints struggle on the road last week was because of the weather. I saw many players slipping on the field and that should not be factor on turf.

I see bush having a big game because Drew will check down a lot. Screenplays should stop a lot of those exotic blitz packages also. The Saints showed that they could play power football. I believe one of the reasons the Saints struggle on the road last week was because of the weather. I saw many players slipping on the field and that should not be factor on turf.

Just what I was thinking. What i missed in the Billsgame was that easy throw into the flats to help Brees get rid of the ball when he was getting harassed with pressure in the middle. Probably we can see another of them great blocks from Drew like he did for Reggie when he bounced back inside in the 3rd/4th quarter last game :ezbill:

Just keep it simple, what about a 2te set with thomas and shockey :scratch:

Yea, on the smack talk thread one of the Jets fans said that because they shut down Brady, they can shut down Brees. Then adding that Brady was definitely the better QB.

I don't think the guy has watched Brady this year besides their own game. Brady is really really off so far. Shutting them down has been no big feat this year. Maybe that will change, but not as it stands now.

Brees can read blitzes and dump off passes to recievers in open space. the YAC should take care of moving the chains. I honestly dont see whats so scary about either Sanchez or the defense. They look beatable. This is not the 08 Saints and they are actually better than in 06. These guys finish games and can run the ball down your throat. This Saints team can pull off wins in this kind of situation. Last year Id probably give the nod to the Jets, but this year, I think the Saints are the more talented and consistent team.

also, Sanchez holds onto the ball WAY too long. He will be vulnerable to pass rush definitely.

On our opening drive, SP should come out and run his opening scheme business as usual. But after that first score, our second offensive series should have a greater focus on our running game. We gotta beat those guy's up on the defensive front and make'em wanna quit earlier in the first half! Make'em drag their tongues into the locker room @ halftime!

When we do this, those safeties will start to cheat up in order to play the run first! We'll own the 2nd half - that's when we gash'em for big plays with Meachem and Henderson! We gotta take control of that defensive line and do it early in the game. We have proven that we can wear a team down - I just hope we do it earlier than we did last week!

whodatsaint: "I think we are who we think we are."

Man, Dennis Green's tirade after Arizona blew that game against the Bears will live on forever it seems.

Just like Jim Mora's "Playoffs?..... Playoffs? ... er ... playoffs?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom