Pats release OT Jared Veldheer (1 Viewer)

Does he have to clear waivers?

Is he still good? It says he’s in shape but dude has dealt w/ some injuries late in his career, right? Guess it wouldn’t hurt to bring him in tho to see what he can do.

Does he have to clear waivers?

Good question. I believe all players must clear waivers after the trade deadline, however I am not sure if that applies to these cases where guys are released from I.R.

He should be an immediate free agent.

When Richie Incognito was released after pulling a similar stunt of being unable to decide whether he wanted to retire or not, he was allowed to sign with whomever he chose. Since returning to the Raiders he has played decently.

It would not hurt putting him through a workout considering he has had some leg ailments.

Last edited:
Good question. I believe all players must clear waivers after the trade deadline, however I am not sure if that applies to these cases where guys are released from I.R.

He wasn't released from I,R. but the Reserve/Retired list. I.E. he had initially decided to not play this year and so the Patriots placed him on that list. I still think he has to clear waivers though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom