Pats winning 33-0 with 11 minutes remaining, running play action pass... (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
...from the Jets 40 yard line! To boot, they throw the ball on 3 successive plays. On 2nd down, they throw a bomb down to the 10, but it is incomplete. Ultimately, they have to punt on 4th down. They are not satisfied with 4th and short, so they attempt to take a 5 yard delay of game penalty to afford themselves a better opportunity to kick the ball deeper into Jets territory. The Jets refuse the penalty. They then attempt to get the Jets to jump offsides, to no avail, resulting in illegal procedure. Jets refuse that penalty.

And I forgot to mention, Brady still was in the game with a 33-0 lead, 11 minutes to go, throwing the ball like mad and ZERO comments from the two donkeyclowns in the TV booth calling the game. But OTH, if Saints were drubbing the Patriots (as in 2009), all we would have heard was, “why are the Saints risking injury to Drew? Why are Saints attempting to run up the stats...blah...blah?”. Flub the national media and their glorification of Bellichick, Brady and the Patriots. All are bunch of douchebags.

What's it matter? Anyone with an average or higher IQ knows the sports broadcasting world is a diarrhea-laden minefield of mouth breathers. You'll only annoy yourself as long as you invest anything more than a passing thought on their inane BS.
That's why I don't watch any of the pre game shows and record Football Night in America to skip through all the talking. Somehow all the commentators have come to believe that people turn in to hear them talk, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

In another note, do the Patriots EVER play good teams??? They have the most ridiculously easy schedule I've ever seen.

...from the Jets 40 yard line! To boot, they throw the ball on 3 successive plays. On 2nd down, they throw a bomb down to the 10, but it is incomplete. Ultimately, they have to punt on 4th down. They are not satisfied with 4th and short, so they attempt to take a 5 yard delay of game penalty to afford themselves a better opportunity to kick the ball deeper into Jets territory. The Jets refuse the penalty. They then attempt to get the Jets to jump offsides, to no avail, resulting in illegal procedure. Jets refuse that penalty.

And I forgot to mention, Brady still was in the game with a 33-0 lead, 11 minutes to go, throwing the ball like mad and ZERO comments from the two donkeyclowns in the TV booth calling the game. But OTH, if Saints were drubbing the Patriots (as in 2009), all we would have heard was, “why are the Saints risking injury to Drew? Why are Saints attempting to run up the stats...blah...blah?”. Flub the national media and their glorification of Bellichick, Brady and the Patriots. All are bunch of douchebags.
If we were doing that to the Falcons every one of you who are being critical of this would be on here giving virtual high fives and LYAO about how ice-cold and petty Sean was being and thinking it was the greatest thing since the invention of French toast.

I know I’m hoping that happens.

New England has a pure cupcake schedule; complete with the icing.
They may eventually have to play some team that can actually play professional football. But it sure won't be until the SuperBowl.

New England has a pure cupcake schedule; complete with the icing.
They may eventually have to play some team that can actually play professional football. But it sure won't be until the SuperBowl.
Most of us know that the NFL schedule is set years in advance — in fact, it’s pretty much been set since the 2002 realignment, save for the random London game or other “International Series” switching up location, and a couple of teams that finish same place in their respective division. So it’s not like the Pats are Alabama, refusing to schedule non-conference opponents who have even the most remote possibility of being ranked, or playing 8 out of 12 games at home.

Do I wish some of our NFC South rivals were as poorly-run as the N.Y. Jets and the LOLphins? Hell yeah I do. The Pats also lucked into getting the NFC East in a year where the N.Y. Giants and Washington are hot garbage. There’s really no point in complaining about the NFL schedule.

That appears to be their first drive int the 4th and when they reached fourth down, they manage to run an additional 1:22 secs off the play clock.

Following that drive, they threw the ball only twice and had a total of 5 pass attempts inf the fourth. I hardly call that "throwing the ball like mad".

Most of us know that the NFL schedule is set years in advance — in fact, it’s pretty much been set since the 2002 realignment, save for the random London game or other “International Series” switching up location, and a couple of teams that finish same place in their respective division. So it’s not like the Pats are Alabama, refusing to schedule non-conference opponents who have even the most remote possibility of being ranked, or playing 8 out of 12 games at home.

Do I wish some of our NFC South rivals were as poorly-run as the N.Y. Jets and the LOLphins? Hell yeah I do. The Pats also lucked into getting the NFC East in a year where the N.Y. Giants and Washington are hot garbage. There’s really no point in complaining about the NFL schedule.
Complaining and acknowledging are two different things.
I certainly understand the rotated scheduling and how this is something that is determined years in advance.

So I am only acknowledging that this year their schedule consists of all the worst teams in 2019.
And six of those games are against teams they get to humiliate almost every year in the AFC East. It is what it is, and this year they will certainly have a tiptoe through the tulips all the way to the big game in Miami this February.

They have absolutely no one on their schedule this year that is a contender for the postseason. It would be nearly impossible for them to miss a shot at another SuperBowl ring.

I appreciate and respect the way the Patriots end games when they are dominating their opponent.

As opposed to that colossal failure you witnessed against the Bears Sunday.

I wish Payton had that mentality and instilled an attitude in his players to play for 60 minutes.

We did it to the Eagles during the regular season last year.

If we were doing that to the Falcons every one of you who are being critical of this would be on here giving virtual high fives and LYAO about how ice-cold and petty Sean was being and thinking it was the greatest thing since the invention of French toast.

I know I’m hoping that happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom