Pats winning 33-0 with 11 minutes remaining, running play action pass... (1 Viewer)

But that's the beauty of Belichick and the Pats. They have fully embraced the Dark Side and don't care. I say, ESPECIALLY after last year's no call, that we do the same thing. POUR IT ON!!

S
That appears to be their first drive int the 4th and when they reached fourth down, they manage to run an additional 1:22 secs off the play clock.

Following that drive, they threw the ball only twice and had a total of 5 pass attempts inf the fourth. I hardly call that "throwing the ball like mad".

So my point is, the Saints get bashed by most national pundits, when they have done similar things. But when the Pats still have their first string players in and are passing on three straight downs, winning 33-0, 11 minutes remaining, all is right and Billy bob is a genius. OK.

I appreciate and respect the way the Patriots end games when they are dominating their opponent.

As opposed to that colossal failure you witnessed against the Bears Sunday.

I wish Payton had that mentality and instilled an attitude in his players to play for 60 minutes.

I am all in, as long as the pundits remember to treat what other teams may do that would be similar to what the Patriots do, as being fair. Not just fair for the Patriots.

New England has a pure cupcake schedule; complete with the icing.
They may eventually have to play some team that can actually play professional football. But it sure won't be until the SuperBowl.

It would be nice, to essentially start off each season, with 6 wins!

S

So my point is, the Saints get bashed by most national pundits, when they have done similar things. But when the Pats still have their first string players in and are passing on three straight downs, winning 33-0, 11 minutes remaining, all is right and Billy bob is a genius. OK.
What was the final score in the game????

Fail against the Bears? You mean pulling our starting DL to avoid needless injury (like what happened to Apple with one minute left in the game) so that we can make sure to keep our dominant front that has won games for us already this year?

Clown shoes.

The dominance of the Patriots over the teams they've played this year was literally the opening story on GMFB this morning. They acknowledged that this subject has been the talk of everyone and they did agree that New England's schedule is very lopsided in regard to the 'quality of opponent' issue.

However they say that New England gets a pass for two primary reasons. One is that the Patriots can only play the hand they are dealt. They are not the ones who choose their opponents. And two, they say the complaints are without merit because the Patriots are not simply squeaking by in their 7 victories this year but instead are completely dominating everyone in every stat across the board... including the scoreboard.

However... with their schedule... shouldn't they be expected to rack up those big point totals and spectacular stat lines??? But the fact is that none of those incredible numbers come with any sort of disclaimer as to explain why they are posting such historic statistics. That's what ruffles everyone's feathers all over the country.

Last edited:
I can't remember when or who it was (70's in NY) and the QB was in sight of setting some single game record. Ahead by a lot and 1st down in the red zone. A couple knees and it's over or run a play for the record book. What would you have done?

Well he took a knee. Then the Opposing coach who knew of the record sent in a sub who said to both teams. Go for the record. We will do our best to stop you and either way we're good.

The QB took a knee to end the game. Said he would rather be remembered for displaying the same sportsmanship his opponents showed than notching a record.

I can't remember when or who it was (70's in NY) and the QB was in sight of setting some single game record. Ahead by a lot and 1st down in the red zone. A couple knees and it's over or run a play for the record book. What would you have done?

Well he took a knee. Then the Opposing coach who knew of the record sent in a sub who said to both teams. Go for the record. We will do our best to stop you and either way we're good.

The QB took a knee to end the game. Said he would rather be remembered for displaying the same sportsmanship his opponents showed than notching a record.
So what you're saying is, it wasn't this game or this guy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom