Patten close to signing... (Per NOLA) (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if its been posted... if so please merge.

The Saints are closing in on a deal to bring back receiver David Patten, according to a league source. Terms of the deal were not immediately known.

Patten, 33, had a career resurgence in his 11th NFL season last year after signing with the Saints last April. He emerged as the team's No. 2 receiver behind Marques Colston, catching 54 passes for 792 yards and three touchdowns.

The Saints now have their entire receiving corps back together after re-signing Patten, Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper over the past week.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/03/saints_close_to_resigning_patt.html

Great news. I hope they come to an agreement

Good move. Patten played very good last year. If we can just get Mr. Meachem to step up a little bit, I think we will be okay at WR.

Done Deal...

Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Monday, March 03, 2008 - 3:38 PM

The New Orleans New Orleans Saints announced today that they have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with unrestricted free agent WR David Patten. The announcement was made by Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

Patten spent the 2006 season with the New Orleans Saints after signing as an unrestricted free agent. The 5-10, 190-pound veteran of 11 NFL seasons caught 54 passes for 792 yards for a 14.7 receiving average last season, along with three touchdowns. Patten’s 54 receptions were the third-most on the team while his 792 receiving yards were the second highest on the squad, and he registered three-100 yard receiving games. His top game in 2007 came on a Monday Night Football affair on December 10 at Atlanta when he recorded nine receptions for 122 yards and a score.

New Orleans New Orleans Saints - Saints Agree to Terms with WR David Patten

He had a good year, but wasn't consistent enough for me to re-sign. It seemed like some games he was a great WR, then some games he forgot to show up to the stadium. I rather bring in a new, younger wideout with more speed. I also HATE the Devery Henderson signing because of the many drops that I see year in and year out.

Will we ever have a #2 receiver? We have been looking since before we drafted Stallworth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom