Pau Gasol to the Lakers (1 Viewer)

Tony in Brandon

A Hotty Toddy Saints Fan!
Reaction score
for Kwame Brown, 2 1st round picks (08 and 10) and Javaris Crittenton, plus the rights to Marc??? Gasol, Pau's brother. The other Gasol is not expected to sign to play for Memphis. This is breaking news on ESPN News

Just seen this also. I would rather this had not happen. Makes the Lakers that much more tough.

Instead of a 1st in '10, it is now a 2nd in '10.

EDITTED

LA still gives up the 1st in '10, and they will get Memphis' 2nd rounder in '10. There.

Last edited:
Didn't see that coming.
He is a fine player for sure, and if you ever go to Spain all you will see is Grizzlies stuff everywhere, in the shops and in the papers, but I'm pretty sure Gasol (Pau) wasn't happy there.
Will he play center or power forward in LA?

Mark Buker (ESPN) is saying he will take over Andrew Bynum's role

Wow, they'll be tough to beat when Bynum comes back. Not as tough as the Hornets but close behind. :mwink:

Great trade for Memphis. They're going nowhere and managed to clear Gasol and Swift's salaries today. Kwame Brown also expires after this year and they get two first round picks. Crittenton has shown he can contribute too so I definitely like what Memphis is doing.

Mike Conley
Rudy Gay
Hakim Warrick
Kyle Lowry
Darko Milicic

Not a bad nucleus to build around when you have a ton of cap space and two extra first round picks.

I've caught a couple of Grizzlies games this season and they have been pretty awful. Gasol isn't the kind of player that can be a "go to" guy on a team but he'll compliment the Lakers well.....maybe too well. Rudy and Kyle are very fun to watch.....and Hakim is starting to play like we always thought he could.....they should be a fun team to watch in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom