Paulson Adebo: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Paulson Adebo: how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 221 64.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 83 24.3%
  • Like it

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Don’t like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
from walterfootball.com

saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford - B Grade
Paulson Adebo was once a mainstay of my first round, but he fell initially because of speed concerns. Then, he didn't help himself by foolishly sitting out the 2020 season. That said, the Saints are buying low on Adebo, so they could potentially be getting a starter across from Marshon Lattimore, which would fill a big need.

Belfast Saint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I like this pick as it fits a need and this is another talented, productive player with the measurables to allow success in the NFL and in our scheme, and with a high character/ intelligence factor.

Hope he pans out, ideally sooner rather than later.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That's literally wrong. I mean. If 4.45-4.51 is considered slow, wow. Your standards are too high.

His speed qualifies for NFL level. He's no burner. He's not elite in the speed department. But he's only getting burned by the fastest of the fast WRs.

40 time (and his is adequate) is way less important than cone and shuttle, he has above average times for CB in those categories (6.69 and 4.13), not elite, but pretty good...and another strength is his hip and swivel looseness, very fluid....all the skills necessary for press man coverage, needs to get better on getting burned by double moves though....

I really think the team is changing now. In the past Payton relied on Drew to win games, neglecting the defense. Now he may understand he needs the defense more than ever going w/ Winston and Taysom.

I think it started changing way before that...when SP realized his drafting/personnel skill selection downright sucked and we brought in Jeff Ireland and his scouting staff.

Since then we have had some of the best drafts in team history, we don't hit on every one but we hit more than miss....and I don't think we will ever trade up in the 1st round to take a small, one-dimensional WR ever again....

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It seems the staff is drafting players with high RAS and football IQ... those are things you simply can't teach. They have faith in their ability to develop the players once they get them, but the foundational traits you can't teach those.

I like these picks... still don't think we needed a first round DE (with the other needs we had) but Neilson will get his hands on him and turn him into a beast.

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Wait and see. Players that opt out are driven by irrational fear, not a good trait for a CB.
I wouldn’t say that it was irrational. Adebo was coming off of an injury the previous season.

Given the shortened camps and unknowns of when mandatory quarantines could have been imposed, player injuries went way up last year. It’s likely he didn’t sit out because of fear of catching Covid. It’s more likely he sat out to give himself time to heal properly and not risk an injury that could keep him out of the NFL.

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that it was irrational. Adebo was coming off of an injury the previous season.

Given the shortened camps and unknowns of when mandatory quarantines could have been imposed, player injuries went way up last year. It’s likely he didn’t sit out because of fear of catching Covid. It’s more likely he sat out to give himself time to heal properly and not risk an injury that could keep him out of the NFL.
Pretty much this. He was regarded as one of the top corners in the country going into last season.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Pretty much this. He was regarded as one of the top corners in the country going into last season.
I’m stoked about him. If he can clean up his tendency to get destroyed on double moves, and work on his hips a bit, we should have a heck of a player. From all I’ve read on him.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Bingo. Our offense hasn’t been amazing for quite some time, especially poor in the playoffs.
I wouldn't say that but I would say that we haven't had an offense that averages being amazing since 2018 when we should've won the Super Bowl. Even last year we destroyed Tampa in the 2nd game but those games stopped being the average since 2018.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom