Paulson Adebo: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Paulson Adebo: how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 221 64.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 83 24.3%
  • Like it

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Don’t like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That is what training camp is for. He also has less wear and tear. I think he has a very good chance to be a starter game 1. That is all I can ask.
I agree. Though, I think it depends on whether we bring in a capable vet (Sherman seeming to be the most likely, at this point.). If we bring in a vet, I don't think he starts. If we don't bring someone (like Sherman) in, I think it says a lot about where Adebo is as a player. Just my two pennies.

Loomis and Payton are very honest when it comes to what our needs are.
I think you are giving them too much credit. They would be doing any drafted player a disservice to put any hard expectations on any of them. If they say anything but to come in and compete and develop they are setting that player up for disappointment and unnecessary fan expectations. This is not how you get the best out of people.

----

I think you are giving them too much credit. They would be doing any drafted player a disservice to put any hard expectations on any of them. If they say anything but to come in and compete and develop they are setting that player up for disappointment and unnecessary fan expectations. This is not how you get the best out of people.

----
They didn't say these things about Lattimore so my point stands. They are honest about what they expect.

from walterfootball.com

saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford - B Grade
Paulson Adebo was once a mainstay of my first round, but he fell initially because of speed concerns. Then, he didn't help himself by foolishly sitting out the 2020 season. That said, the Saints are buying low on Adebo, so they could potentially be getting a starter across from Marshon Lattimore, which would fill a big need.

I like this pick as it fits a need and this is another talented, productive player with the measurables to allow success in the NFL and in our scheme, and with a high character/ intelligence factor.

Hope he pans out, ideally sooner rather than later.

That's literally wrong. I mean. If 4.45-4.51 is considered slow, wow. Your standards are too high.

His speed qualifies for NFL level. He's no burner. He's not elite in the speed department. But he's only getting burned by the fastest of the fast WRs.

40 time (and his is adequate) is way less important than cone and shuttle, he has above average times for CB in those categories (6.69 and 4.13), not elite, but pretty good...and another strength is his hip and swivel looseness, very fluid....all the skills necessary for press man coverage, needs to get better on getting burned by double moves though....

I really think the team is changing now. In the past Payton relied on Drew to win games, neglecting the defense. Now he may understand he needs the defense more than ever going w/ Winston and Taysom.

I think it started changing way before that...when SP realized his drafting/personnel skill selection downright sucked and we brought in Jeff Ireland and his scouting staff.

Since then we have had some of the best drafts in team history, we don't hit on every one but we hit more than miss....and I don't think we will ever trade up in the 1st round to take a small, one-dimensional WR ever again....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom