Paulson Adebo: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Paulson Adebo: how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 221 64.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 83 24.3%
  • Like it

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Don’t like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Never said there was, but football players are in no danger.

Are you saying football players aren’t at risk to get Covid? I’m confused
Not saying that. I'm saying that no NFL players have got seriously ill from the virus afaik. From what I've seen, the danger is almost nonexistent and certainly isn't worth jeopardizing a promising football career. Some people naturally have a higher level of fear and anxiety than others. That's life.

None of that matters anyway, the kid was probably protecting an injury,

Ive been watching the Pac 12 ever since they were the Pac 10, & im very familiar w/all the schools in that conference & the teams they play against. In terms of Paulson Adebo, the very moment i saw that #11 on D in 18, he instantly put me on notice the way he tackled. Then you notice the coverage skills pop up. He has a knack of of knocking away balls & making plays in coverage. The dude is a real life ballhawk in every definition of the word. I can not stress this enough...THE MAN IS A BALLHAWK! What totally stands out to me, is EVERY game i watched him in, either he had a PD & or an INT.

On top of that, i think it should be mentioned that he’s played against the Justin Herberts’, Gardner Minshew’s, JT Daniels’, & Kedon Slovis’. He’s also covered the Chase Claypool’s, Michaels Pittman’s, Miles Boykins’, N’keal Harry’s, & Brandon Ayiuk’s. Not only did he hang w/those guys, but he D’d them up & shut a lot of them down. Only guy he really had trouble against was Boykins, bit that was more so on Ian Book & his ability to escape pressure & extend plays. I mean, you can only cover a dude for so

In 19 he was nursing a few dings & missed a some games, but he balled in the games he appeared in, per usual. The trajectory & needle were already pointing way up for him going into the 20 season.

Unfortunately, the Pac 12 came to the party late due to the covid BS & thats why guys like Adebo, Tryon, Levi O, Jay Tufele, etc opted out. Adebo’s battle tested & if not for missing the 20 season, im 100% certain that he wouldve easily landed somewhere in the middle of the draft medias top 50 prospect lists.

To me, Adebo reminds me of Richard Shermon. This is not hyperbole nor is it because they both went to Stanford. It’s because they do have similar play styles. Adebo’s a high IQ/instinctive player. On top of that he has size & length. He also tested well & those athletic traits show up on the field.

The only real knock is his lack of experience at the position. Like Sherm, he was a converted WR. This is both a positive & negative. He has ability to track the ball in flight & either knock it away or straight INT it. But he also has a habit to starring at the QB a bit & seems to read the QB as opposed to playing the receiver. This leads to WRs beating him out the gate at times. To me, this can be coached up & can be fixed w/more experience. Everything else is on par. To me, Adebo was our best pick & easily my favorite rookie of this class.

Never said there was, but football players are in no danger.

Fearful or panicky players are a red flag, but I understand the kid opted out because of injury. That's just smart.

Not saying that. I'm saying that no NFL players have got seriously ill from the virus afaik. From what I've seen, the danger is almost nonexistent and certainly isn't worth jeopardizing a promising football career. Some people naturally have a higher level of fear and anxiety than others. That's life.

None of that matters anyway, the kid was probably protecting an injury,

People were dying from Covid? No one seriously ill? You don't have a career if you die. Just ask Joe Hall.

1620082587422.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom