Pavlik-Taylor tomorrow. This is driving me nuts! (1 Viewer)

gaminerie

...if you like saxophones
Reaction score
Where does a person go to watch this fight, if one's housemate managed to have the living-room TV repossessed??

At first i thought i could rely on Harrah's to show it, but then i realized the event was at an MGM property.

Am i doomed to find someone who has PPV in a private home - or buy this mook another TV - if i want to see this fight?

Please. If anyone knows where i can catch this fight in New Orleans, say something. Thanks!

i'm willing to pay whoever is showing it. i'm getting so furious about it now, though, that i almost don't want to bother anymore. i've been asking around for weeks and it's almost like there is some conspiracy to keep me from seeing this fight.

Same thing happened to me that one time Johnson-Tarver was being shown - in a rare occurrence - free on HBO. i got to my house, after talking all week about how i'd wanted to see that fight, and my housemate is hogging the TV watching "National Treasure" for the 12th time.

i was so stunned that i just walked out of the house and didn't go back until way later.

i understand this is a PPV event and therefore there are rules about where it can be publicly shown. But is a private residence my ONLY option?

no wonder nobody cares about boxing anymore. they sure don't make it easy.

Last edited:
Fox and Hound English Pub & Grille- New Orleans
1200 S. Clearview Parkway
Elmwood Village Center
New Orleans, LA 70123
Phone: (504) 731-6000

$6 cover charge.

lagers will prolly have the fight gamz...

Oh Thank God! finally some people who care about boxing. i will check both of those places.

May i just say that their marketing is horrible. I have been Googling the heck out of this event, with no luck.

Peat, what do you think about the Bulldog Mid-City, 5135 Canal (i think it's near where Parkway USED to be)

i'm afraid to call and ask about whether it's being shown, because with the lack of response i've gotten, it is like it is so illegal as to be unmentionable.

I'll take Pavlik. Saw the 1st one. For his build, which is kinda like Hearns' his punching power is amazing. Kid can take a punch too. He pretty much rocked Taylor. every time Taylor went "hyperagressive", Pavlik not only matched him punch for punch, he made Taylor disengage and regroup.

Excellent fight last time. I expect the same in this one. Anyone know the undercard?

I'll take Pavlik. Saw the 1st one. For his build, which is kinda like Hearns' his punching power is amazing. Kid can take a punch too. He pretty much rocked Taylor. every time Taylor went "hyperagressive", Pavlik not only matched him punch for punch, he made Taylor disengage and regroup.

Excellent fight last time. I expect the same in this one. Anyone know the undercard?

undercard looks really good if you like watching the little guys. castillo/montiel and mijares/navarro. both fights should be good. and ronald hearns, tommy's son, is on the card.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

mennuts.gif

i'm willing to pay whoever is showing it. i'm getting so furious about it now, though, that i almost don't want to bother anymore. i've been asking around for weeks and it's almost like there is some conspiracy to keep me from seeing this fight.

Same thing happened to me that one time Johnson-Tarver was being shown - in a rare occurrence - free on HBO. i got to my house, after talking all week about how i'd wanted to see that fight, and my housemate is hogging the TV watching "National Treasure" for the 12th time.

i was so stunned that i just walked out of the house and didn't go back until way later.

i understand this is a PPV event and therefore there are rules about where it can be publicly shown. But is a private residence my ONLY option?

no wonder nobody cares about boxing anymore. they sure don't make it easy.

I'm a HUGE boxing fan, it's my favorite sport. The best place to watch a boxing match is at a personal residence though, quite frankly boxing is not the 'in" thing compared to other sports, therefore there's not a lot of mainstream interest for every single fight unless it's a big name. It gets a lot of hate and disrespect(some of it deserved, some not). It has it's negatives but that's every sport these days, just look around at all the controversy today and you'll see "black eyes" for EVERY sport, not just Boxing...

I'm definitely watching the fight though, either at my house in Lafayette or by my friend's(or cousin's) in the New Orleans area. Good luck in finding a place, I never even think about trying to watch at a public place because it's almost a given they won't have it(i've called and asked about fights in the past on Showtime or HBO and they are usually very rude and tell me "no" and hang up).

Martin Castillo/Fernando Montiel is probably one of the best matchups under 122 pounds in a long time...

undercard looks really good if you like watching the little guys. castillo/montiel and mijares/navarro. both fights should be good. and ronald hearns, tommy's son, is on the card.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Thanks Big. I do like the little guys.. I grew up a fan of the Heavyweight class, but I love the action of the smaller guys.

i got the fight tonight and will have a bunch of guys over for BBQ and booze...
pavlik is a blast to watch!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom